Wowee Zowee To Be Reissued

Matador is continuing it's great run off Pavement re-realeases with the band's third realease Wowee Zowee

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news..._Tracklist_Reve

It's a little annoying having to rebuy all of these, but the Slanted and Crooked Rain reissues were certainly worth it and this one looks stacked as well.

--Mike

i remember reading an interview with malkmus at one point about 'brighten the corners' and he said that would be the best re-issue. he said all the best songs were left off the album. you never can tell about that weird bastard

i remember reading an interview with malkmus at one point about 'brighten the corners' and he said that would be the best re-issue. he said all the best songs were left off the album. you never can tell about that weird bastard

I've got all the EPs from that era/album. They are great. great songs on those fr sure.

I wish they would re-issue brighten the corners, that one is by far the best imo.

Yes, a great Pavement album. Surely they'll get to it. If they've re-issued the first three there's no reason to believe (crossed fingers) they won't get to the rest in their own time. :)

If so we could finally get a mastered version of one of their best unrealeased tracks Sprial Stairs' For Sale of The Preston School of Industry

--Mike

I'm curious to see what they come up with to tack onto Wowee Zowee, since it always seemed like they threw everything they had into that record anyway. That album is a bloated mess in the best possible way. :hug

As far as this quote goes:

i remember reading an interview with malkmus at one point about 'brighten the corners' and he said that would be the best re-issue. he said all the best songs were left off the album.

Well damn, now I'm going to actually have to buy the rest of the reissues when they come out! I never liked the last two Pavement albums (10 years later and they still haven't grown on me), but if they left all the good stuff off the albums...well, it could be worth a revisit. :rock

Malkmus said that Brighten had the most left overs, not the best. He said that Terror would be the least of the bunch. It would be interesting to hear some of the Preston School stuff in demo form which were, as the story goes, intended for Terror. I don't see why there can't be any songs since it's basically Spiral's deal anyway.

At least Painted Soldiers made the album (twice). It was the first song I really liked by Pavement. I liked Cut Your Hair sort of, but no where near as much as I did Painted Soldiers.

It kills me that it takes SO Long between each of these album reissue for their catalog...matador is taking its sweet little time to slowly bleed us!

I may be wrong, but aren't they releasing them all ten years after the original?

I'm a fairly recent convert to Pavement and have slowly accumulated all of their main albums over the last year or so... except for Wowee Zowee. So I'm stoked. Not sure which Pavement album is my favourite, they all have their high points (and lows- they aren't the most consistent band when it comes to albums in my opinion).

This should answer a few questions: Pavement Reissues Anybody else excited about a possible Pavement reunion, even a couple years down the road? :dancing

Yeah I was 14 and thought Pavement was the thing my road was made out of when they broke up, I'd love to see them live, and I think Spiral Stairs and Stephen have done some great stuff post-Pavement. I think it would actually work, even if they don't record another album.

Great interview, Spiral explaining how he had to put the tapes in an oven was fascinated. I'm really looking forward to hearing this one as well as the future resissues.

--Mike

does anyone know any background details of stephen malkmus? I'm interested if he studied to become an architect in college? Or is he just interested in it? I find it engaging that it comes up in 3 songs that I can think of off the top of my head.

-Grave Architecture (From Wowee Zowee)

-Fin (From Brighten The Corners):

"Open call for prison architects"

-The Hexx (From Terror Twilight):

"Architecture students are like virgins

with an itch they cannot scratch,

Never build a building till you're 50

what kind of life is that?"

anymore that I might have missed?