Despite all my issues with the iPod, I really like iTunes. It works well for me.

I am finding it really slow as well - at work I've got a fast computer, but it saps resources and the flipping through the album covers takes forever... of course, could just be a windows XP thing...

I run a brand new dual core imac at work and it runs fairly slow too. It looks pretty and that but I think I prefer the last version just for the speed of it. Without a new ipod the gapless playback is pointless too.

The only real complaint I have is that its a resource hog...ive seen my itunes application taking up 240,000 K no application should be running that high.

I think I might actually switch back now that I have all of my artwork :)

there's been much much better 3rd party apps to fetch artwork (from various sources too, not just iTunes Music Store) forever

my favorite for the mac is ArtCollector

and i use pearLyrics to fetch the lyrics for me (they can display on 5th gen ipods too)

there's been much much better 3rd party apps to fetch artwork (from various sources too, not just iTunes Music Store) forever

my favorite for the mac is ArtCollector

and i use pearLyrics to fetch the lyrics for me (they can display on 5th gen ipods too)

keyword: for mac

yes there has been third party applications built for PC but you have to go to every album on the itunes store and copy the URL and then paste it into the application. When you have a collection of music thats over 34 gigs...it gets a little tough.