Does Jeff ever allow Pat to take guitar solos?

I've seen Wilco a couple of times now but I've never seen Pat take a guitar solo. I saw the boys in Nottingham England over a year ago now. At one point I thought Pat was going to rock out but Jeff shot him a look that would stop an express train. Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying it's a bad thing to restrain Pat. The Wilco show is a well oiled-machine and there are already two guitarists in the band - one exceptional (Nels) and one solid (Jeff). Too many guitar solos and it will be like a Lynyrd Skynyrd gig. I just want to know if it's an unwritten Tweedian rule - "Dont' rock out unless I say so"

I love a great guitar solo, shit I'm a sucker for them, but they must be done right and be within the context of the song, there's no need for meaningless noodling. A nice keyboard solo would be welcomed imo, I enjoy hearing the boundaries of a great tune being to something entirely different in a live setting, it keeps you on your toes.

No guitar solos at Wilco shows? Are you guys kidding. One of the top three all time guitar solos is Jeff's on At Least That's What You Said. I could listen to a twenty minute version of that. Rock on Jeff. Let's take a straw poll. Who would like to see more guitar solos at Wilco shows?

No guitar solos at Wilco shows? Are you guys kidding. One of the top three all time guitar solos is Jeff's on At Least That's What You Said. I could listen to a twenty minute version of that. Rock on Jeff. Let's take a straw poll. Who would like to see more guitar solos at Wilco shows?

Look I like the current solos and such its all perfect. Right now I feel the live show is perfect other then the lame 2 encore system. In the end I don't want the messing with there live sound.