16. Hummingbird

17. Sunken Treasure

18. Airline To Heaven

19. Late Greats

20. Kingpin

-Encore break-

21. Heavy Metal Drummer

22. Let's Not Get Carried Away

He didn't punch anybody, though he shook his fist at someone in jest. A very fun show, sounds like pretty much the opposite of the last one in terms of the crowd. I like LNGCA very much. Someone gave the band WVU football jerseys, and Jeff and Mike wore them for the second encore. (I assume Jeff and Mike weren't the only ones who got them, at least.) Nels was particularly wonderful in "Handshake Drugs". I'm tired.

The only thing I can think of adding at this point is that it was really great to see the electric Sunken Treasure again. After seeing it done acoustically so much at Jeff's solo shows, I had almost forgotten the different arrangement the song gets when done with electric guitars. :rock

And it's always nice to see Poor Places work its way back into the set. I noticed that Nels played exclusively lap steel for at least the first half of the song. If memory serves, I think he had played at least some of his part on the Jazzmaster in previous renditions.

First time hearing Let's Not Get Carried Away live and it definitely, properly rocked...:thumbup

Jeff opted to play "Poor Places" last night without following it with "Reservations" like he had a few times earlier in the month. I wonder why he decides either way.

Nels rules! The band seems to be very satisfied within the current lineup, at least regarding their attitude, which translates into the quality of the recent shows. I bet Mr. Cline has a lot to do with this. :worship

I am very excited for tonight's webcast. Yaaaaaaah!

1. Muzzle of Bees

2. I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

3. Handshake Drugs

4. Shot In The Arm

5. Impossible Germany

6. Company In My Back

7. Poor Places

8. War on War

9. At Least That's What You Said

10. Jesus Etc.

11. Forget The Flowers

12. Walken

13. Theologians

14. I'm The Man Who Loves You

15. Via Chicago

-Encore Break

16. Hummingbird

17. Sunken Treasure

18. Late Greats

19. Kingpin

20. Heavy Metal Drummer

21. Let's Not Get Carried Away

Did you go?

they were locking the building up right after the show, so I think they played all the time they were allowed.

In addition to rockin their collective asses off, the Wilcos are gracious gentlemen. :wub

Another delighted and satisfied customer. :yes

so only 1 encore? that's a bit of a shift.

22 songs is mostly what they have been playing. The whole "leave the stage and come back" is kinda cat and mouse anyway since we and they both know they'll come back at least once. If they were laboring under a time thing, they did the audience a favor by skipping the second encore break.

I usually don't yell for them at encore time; I save up my energy and voice for the post song applause :lol

I wasn't implying that they didn't play the same amount of material, just a comment on the formatting...

I don't know how they get through that whole first "set" without a break. That's some dedication. I would be exhausted.

I wasn't implying that they didn't play the same amount of material, just a comment on the formatting...

I don't know how they get through that whole first "set" without a break. That's some dedication. I would be exhausted.

We'll have some photographs up and whatnot later. I must say that is nice to meet the ladies and Jeff again. I think Brianne has been at every Wilco show I have been to - except Maryland?

awesome show. i will put up my images once my internet returns....

does anyone have photos of them in their jersey's? i just about passed out during before late greats and had to sit down outside. i quickly recouped and went back in, but didn't make it back to the front...

please come back, internet... :hmm

One thing that people may not talk much about is how tight the band is. They seem to be in a place where they are able to communicate by intuitively; which is a rather nice trip to experience.

that is exactly how I felt. all the coordination just "happens." no struggling, no miscues, no yelling at each other on what to play, when, whatever... it just flows...

that is exactly how I felt. all the coordination just "happens." no struggling, no miscues, no yelling at each other on what to play, when, whatever... it just flows...

I was reminded of The Allman Brothers a bit.

First time back on the computer since last night's show and thought I'd add a few thoughts. First off before I forget my partner and I stayed in Morgantown for a couple of nights while there for the show and damn what a great, small town, like a smaller Pittsburgh with wonderful neighborhoods climbing up the sides of all the mountains, very scenic, nice riverfront and some excellent bike trails, of which we enjoyed.

As for the show, a bit of a shitty venue. Big, open, high ceilings, so-so sound and a barricade. I think the set up might've affected the band through the early part of the set as they seemed to be a bit tentative, Jeff even botched the words to Handshake Drugs, not even an old song. Slowly, but surely, guided by some sweet playing on Nels' behalf, they worked into a groove that really started picking up steam around "Walken," "I'm the Man" and the end of the main set. As for the two much newer songs ( as opposed to the year-old Walken) "Impossible Germany" felt a little flat to me and doesn't quite seem to go anywhere, but it's early in the song's progression, so I'm optimistic. On the other hand, "Let's Not Get Carried Away" is as reported a very, very fun, high energy song, somewhat resembling "Kicking TV" or "I'm A Wheel," but in my opinion more substantial. And the drum solo sequence and the ending was an excellent show closing, high note. The song breaks down into a nice little groove with Jeff screaming his guts out and the next thing you know all the instruments stop and all the lights shift to Glen and he proceeds to play an equally hilarious, yet totally wicked drum solo.

While doing so the whole abnd was clapping, shaking tambourines and shakers and whooping it up. There was ahuge curtain immediately behind the drums and right above Glen's head, an arm, exposed only to the elbow was hanging out shaking another tambourine. Pretty friggin funny. I sense a new show closer in this one. All in all a fairly good show with some nice guitar interplay and a fairly diverse set. Probably my last Wilco show, for awhile as I anticiapte they'll be shutting things down after the Chicago shows. Some good memories will linger and some high hopes for album #6. See ya'll next time, Greg

I must say that is nice to meet the ladies and Jeff again.

Oh, so that's how you refer to Wilco now?

I think Brianne has been at every Wilco show I have been to - except Maryland?

It's possible! No, I was not in Maryland, but other than that, you have cracked my show-planning code. ;) It was nice to see you and viatroy again. And Greg, Chris, etc. I think Uyen got a photo of the football jerseys, but I'm not sure when she'll be able to post it.