SWEET! Musical icons to reunite!!!!!

Genesis plan reunion tour

Peter Gabriel still steers clear

Genesis are planning a reunion tour - but without founding member

Peter Gabriel, who left the group in 1975.

The band - Phil Collins, Mike Rutherford and Tony Banks - will reform for a series of live shows.

Collins's last album with the band was 1991's 'We Can't Dance'.

A spokesman said that specific details of the reunion - including possible new material - would be announced in the next few weeks.

The band have sold over 130 million albums worldwide since forming in 1965.

Genesis?? Worst reunion of all time!! Who is going to care about this?? It might be interesting to hear how those Brother Bear and Tarzan songs sound with Rutherford rocking them out....

Damn, thought Sweet were getting back together.....

I'm interested especially if Peter's involved -- don't think he will be; I'll give it a listen without him -- remember that Trick of the Tail, Duke and Abacab were great albums despite Phil's unfortunate later path

Tony Banks does happen to be the best rock keyboardist there ever was, by the way

it's amazing how closed minded some people are here despite the whole indie/hip/musical knowledge BS that pervades

music is music -- these guys were very innovative though it's trendy to bash them now

I'm interested especially if Peter's involved -- don't think he will be; I'll give it a listen without him -- remember that Trick of the Tail, Duke and Abacab were great albums despite Phil's unfortunate later path

One of the best bands ever! Man if Peter was signed on I'd take a second mortgage out to go see them.One of my oldest & dearest friends (who has seen more shows than anyone else I know) still says seeing PG & Genesis doin' LLDOB in '74 was the greatest rock show he's ever seen.

No worse then some of the other 70's-80's bands still playing.

I loved 3 sides Live...that was good stuff....it started to go down hill some after.

But some of that stuff was great.

Squonk and Dance on a Volcano and Turn it On Again.....

brings me back to a time when I thought Genesis, Styx, and Yes were the best groups around and maybe they were.

Home By The Sea...........

phat chance, Tarzan

he's a great drummer, as I'm sure you music fans know already

He's one of the best. If only he'd stayed back there and kept his mouth shut.

I saw him play drums for Robert Plant on his first post-Zeppelin tour, and he was mind-blowing ... but I was never much of a fan of post-Gabriel Genesis.

There's some good stuff on Invisible Touch and the s/t album with Home By The Sea on it... but I always thought they let themselves down with a couple of weak tracks on there...

I do like the "Home By the Sea" tracks. Maybe the best stuff of the Collins era.

No, it was some young kid... AMG is my friend, the Stiltskin vocalist Ray Wilson to record an album called Calling All Stations:

d67185tj7ma.jpg

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&a...10:q9axlffejcqy

It was rubbish

I never got around to listening to that -- basically heard that it wasn't worth the effort

I still like a good bit of the 1970 - 1983 material but it doesn't make the rotation much these days

if steve hackett was gonna be with them, then this would be cool. all of this will be determined by the setlist. if the band does a bunch of stuff from the 70s and early 80s and does not do ANY solo material then it might be a good show. phil collins can still sing well and rutherford and banks i am sure are still pretty competent. gabriel or not, this could be interesting. it all depends on the setlist.

Bummer -- this sucks, when I saw "Sweet" for a moment I forgot Brian Connolly was dead and I was finally going to be able to see the original members of The Sweet perform "Little Willy" and "Fox on the Run" live in person. Then I came back to harsh reality.

:D

maybe this explains why "blood on the rooftops" has been in my head for DAYS now.

i'm in the trick of the tail, and then there were 3, duke genesis era, myself.

holy cow. this is my 7000th post. and it's in a genesis thread. :huh

holy cow. this is my 7000th post. and it's in a genesis thread. :huh

you say that like it's a bad thing. :ohwell

those guys used to kill...really!!