Advice to President Bush

Guest tandylacker

No, that's your welcome.

Looking for some liberal types to back you up on this?

We get it, the war sucks, Bush is an idiot... blah blah blah.

All wars suck and politicians do too.

Guest tandylacker
you aren't helping yourself out...

Helping myself out for what?

And yes street spirit, I do not get it. It was such a deep and meaningul statement by tugmoose. I'm sure a lot of insight went into his comment.

As if there was something Bush could actually do, other than resign, to make people like tugmoose happy. Spend a month in Iraq? Why? So our president could get killed over trying to raise his approval rating? And I'm sure the troops would rather have a comedian or musician go over there rather than listen to another boner self serving politician speech.

Don't respond to this message. You're a moron.

Stay the course....just stay the course...if things continue on their merry course the party of Lincoln will dead as a doornail for the next 20 years :pirate

Guest tandylacker
um no, it's you're welcome

I would have thought Caliber would have already been on this :P

I was referring to his error. May have worked better if we were speaking rather than typing. Proper emphasis is difficult on message boards.

Well.

Helping myself out for what?

And yes street spirit, I do not get it. It was such a deep and meaningul statement by tugmoose. I'm sure a lot of insight went into his comment.

As if there was something Bush could actually do, other than resign, to make people like tugmoose happy. Spend a month in Iraq? Why? So our president could get killed over trying to raise his approval rating? And I'm sure the troops would rather have a comedian or musician go over there rather than listen to another boner self serving politician speech.

Don't respond to this message. You're a moron.

Dude, if you're going to go off like a three-year-old on a tantrum every time someone makes a sideways comment about Georgie W. Bush, you're going to bust an artery. Chill. The. Fuck. Out.

Also: You really, really didn't get the point of what tugmoose was trying to say. The idea was that Bush should see for himself what's really going on over there. Not a quick, twelve-hour stopover, not a trip to make speeches or do anything to "raise his approval rating" -- just go and see the desperate and violent hellhole he created through his arrogant and misguided exercise in warfare, and try to understand why his policies aren't working.

That's all I think tugmoose was trying to say. And yeah, you didn't get it. And then you resorted to name-calling, which means YOU LOSE. Buh-bye.

Guest tandylacker

Disagree with me all you want, but at no point should you think that I really have anything invested in this thread.

Just having a nice debate with tugmoose and his lobbyists. I told him not to respond and that he was a moron to continue the debate because I am a sad and lonely guy.

Now who wants an oink invite? Anyone... ? Anyone... ?

Disagree with me all you want, but at no point should you think that I really have anything invested in this thread.

If you have so little invested in this thread, why do you keep showing up?

I am a sad and lonely guy.

Easy to see why.

Guest tandylacker
If you have so little invested in this thread, why do you keep showing up?

Easy to see why.

Keep showing up because I just had a kid. Weekends, on duty.

Sad and lonely... Being sarcastic. My wife, son, and dog are here to keep me company.

Eh.

the point is bush is in a sense an inverse of lady macbeth. he is hallucinating clean hands and ignoring the blood. stay the course is roughly translated "shit happens but we're making money."

The president made it clear this morning that he has never been about stay the course. Seriously, he said it on this week in review. Additionally Snow has proclaimed numerous times that the administration is not about staying the course and never has been, even as Bush and Cheany talk about the importance of staying the course.

They are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Staying the course is what the true believers want to ehar, it projects strength and a willingness to work through things to get their way. It also implies no input from the minority power. Of course the hard place is that stay the course is what the public at large is frustrated with about this adminsitration, because everycourse they chart is a course headed straight towards failure. Since the public wants to hear change, for political purposes the administration will say they have never been about staying the course, they they have been all about adaptation and they will give examples. But please do nto confuse their examples of tattical adjustments with anything resemblign strategic change. The strategy, whatever it may be, has not changed is a long time. The tactics used have changed, they have to or things would only be worse.

In a nut shell they continue to tell the base they are staying the course and they tell the rest of us that they are not staying the course that they are adapting and changing because they are trying to placate the most number of voters as possible before the elections. Only recently have they actually allowed leaks of plans that call for changes in real strategy. Including timetables that the Iraqi government need to hit, phased withdrawls and out rigt declarations of victory and leaving. Hmmm, the leaks out of the White House this week sound suspiciously like John Murtha, and what republicans have consistenly called cut and run. Oh well, regardless of who wins it will be interesting to see if the leadership continues to advocate these lateset positions, or if they drop them all for the stay the course route. If that is the case we will know they simply floated these ideas for political purposes, which in my view point is what every action they undertake is all about.

Spend one month in Iraq. That way, you'll rebuild some credibility on the subject and demonstrate some empathy for our troops.

Your welcome.

Actually I think Rush Limbaugh and all the others who continue to portray Iraq as being not as bad as the so called liberal media says it si, should all prove the point and go to bahgdad and broadcast there from outside the green zone. They could set up a little round robin situation like they have had at the White House fom time to time and at the republican convention. Rush, Hannity, Coulter, North, the whole Fox New crowd. They could prove their point. Of course to truely prove their point they would have to use only Iraqi police for security, and not rely on the US Army for protection. I'm sure enough Iraqi Police have been trained for at least a few of our soldiers to stand down. And if Bahgdad is tuely safer than Washington DC they really would not need the protection, because I hardly ever see the need for police when I go to DC.