Wilco more contoversial

This is a bit meta, but I cant help but comment that two threads have been closed because they became totally aggressive and no longer interesting or relevant. Are we all that divided on the new material, do we really really need to call each other names? Sure I might have stoked the flames with some absurdist commentary, but what about all that appealing hippie jargon Tweedy's been offering up: voices singing together..... there is a light.... come on yall. Were fans of the greatest band playing rock and roll right now, were lucky. The 9:30 show was stellar, the dvd is gonna be awesome. That frat boy deserved it. Its okay if you dont like the drone. Some people love/hate AM, some people miss/scorn Jay Bennett. We all love Glenn. See you guys on here tomorrow to discuss enjoying and hopefully have a good natured debate about elements of Sunken Treasure.

And if anyone doesnt like it I wont call them a smug bastard, and if someone tells a person who didnt like it to watch it a second time, we wont call them pretentious. Maybe its all cause this band means a little more to alot of people then most bands.

you're completely right. even though i've only posted on these boards for about a week i read them all the time and theres always such hostility between people with different feelings. if someone doesn't like something, let them not like it. you can even argue over why they should like it... but do it in a reasonable manner and be understanding. wilco has some of the best fans of any band in the world... and i don't like seeing everyone so torn apart.

Totally right, of course. The cursing I do on these message boards is not about Wilco disagreements, but rather, directed towards those making petty, factual corrections to anything you say, and doing it to try to look smarter than you, and to build a false sense of elitism. Man, I hate those people. But I love Wilco.

i'd love to see these so called jesus, etc and shot in the arm videos. are they real or are they videos of you being a douche bag with that music playing? i'm putting my money on the latter.

so when you send me a PM like this and I give you links to said videos, that make me an elitist, as well as a douchebag?

Totally right, of course. The cursing I do on these message boards is not about Wilco disagreements, but rather, directed towards those making petty, factual corrections to anything you say, and doing it to try to look smarter than you, and to build a false sense of elitism. Man, I hate those people. But I love Wilco.

How is someone pointing out that something you said is factually incorrect a bad thing? You shouldn't look at it as people wanting to look smarter than you, rather that people are trying to help you smarten up - if you remember that in life, you'll go a long way.

How is someone pointing out that something you said is factually incorrect a bad thing? You shouldn't look at it as people wanting to look smarter than you, rather that people are trying to help you smarten up - if you remember that in life, you'll go a long way.

:cheers

Guest Speed Racer

You didn't know the music videos existed. I, for one, really like the Jesus, etc. video, and were I to have 'corrected' you it would simply be to direct you toward some Wilco stuff you hadn't seen yet. Not everyone is out to get people on these boards, and most of the posts are made with good intentions.

Nearly every recording artist of any stature has put out videos in the last 20 years. Those who don't either aren't all that big or have faded into oblivion. The occasional video is a necessary PR artifact as surely as CDs and performance videos.

Meanwhile, being nasty about liking or not liking Wilco material seems rather petty to me personally. I mean if you don't like the product, don't buy it or listen to it, there are other groups. If you like the group, have a bit of tolerance. Wilco has yet to put out a bad album in my estimation and frankly the new material sounds pretty darn good.

LouieB

Nearly every recording artist of any stature has put out videos in the last 20 years. Those who don't either aren't all that big or have faded into oblivion. The occasional video is a necessary PR artifact as surely as CDs and performance videos.

Meanwhile, being nasty about liking or not liking Wilco material seems rather petty to me personally. I mean if you don't like the product, don't buy it or listen to it, there are other groups. If you like the group, have a bit of tolerance. Wilco has yet to put out a bad album in my estimation and frankly the new material sounds pretty darn good.

LouieB

indeed :thumbup also, record labels have requirements from bands, one of which is almost always the making of a music video, whether it be one or twenty. record labels have to require some form of PR, otherwise they take a huge financial risk. so with bands such as Wilco, videos are likely to be done as a requirement as opposed to them wanting to do one.

You're a twit. And a twat.

Anyone else seeing a trend developing here with the youngsters and their "elitism" rants. Is this what teaching in colleges these days? "Don't trust anyone" "Fuck everyone" blah blah blah. Looks like insecurity to me.

%$#@&!!(&^ - you for thinking you're better than me. Everybody knows polls went out of styles 9 years ago!!!

I think you mean "style." And for a number as small as nine, write it out instead of using the numeral. Thanks.

I think you mean "style." And for a number as small as nine, write it out instead of using the numeral. Thanks.

That's the new way to say "style," actually. And I didn't have time to write the number out the whole way.

That's the new way to say "style," actually. And I didn't have time to write the number out the whole way.

Aren't you going to rail against me making petty, factual corrections to anything you say, doing it to try to look smarter than you, and to build a false sense of elitism?