Indeed

I should have mentioned that Electric Warrior is the only true re-master - the other ones have been re-issued by Rhino, but they are the same as the Edsel or whatever record company they were released on some years ago. Electric Warrior certainly sounds the best - now. The T.Rex album and the ones before it have been re-done - but are only available in the U.K. - as far as I know.

I love Tanx, but I think I'm weird that way. I think Electric Warrior and The Slider are the concensus starter picks.

ME too

I still have the tape I got in LA - back in 1985.

The rhino re-release has a whole cd of bonus stuff.

• 11 months later...

I loved "Jeepster" off the Death Proof soundtrack. the local Best Buy only had the Electric Warrior remaster.

i'm liking it and will definitely look into some more T Rex.

what you said above is a little confusing though - why is EW the only one that is truly remastered? is it worth it to go for the imports (if the price difference is not too great)?

My favorite is "The Slider" but you can't go wrong with any of the suggestions made so far.

Question for A-man (or anyone else, for that matter): I dig the T-Rex, but I'm curious...has anyone here heard Tyrannosaurus Rex? I've only read about them, never heard 'em. They were described as an acoustic Syd Barrett-era Floyd. Hmmm.

Any opinions are welcome.

Question for A-man (or anyone else, for that matter): I dig the T-Rex, but I'm curious...has anyone here heard Tyrannosaurus Rex? I've only read about them, never heard 'em. They were described as an acoustic Syd Barrett-era Floyd. Hmmm.

Any opinions are welcome.

I have opinions, don't you know.

As the old man here I listened to the Tyrannosaurus Rex on Blue Thumb as a college Student. It is strange duo playing, not like Syd exactly but that is an apt description. In fact some of that material is on some compilations. I wish I owned some of those old Tryrannosaurus LPs, but I was dumb and only listened to friends copies. They are now worth a ton. Actually they bear little resemblance to T Rex and are far more experimental rather rock.

LouieB

I have opinions, don't you know.

LouieB

Yeah, I know. :lol

You know I'm just kidding Lou. The wierd thing about your opinions is that I tend to agree with you much of the time. Scary, isn't it? :stunned

Thanks.

The DVD is very cool.

There is a feature that allows you to isolate some bandmembers playing during a performance.

The songs kick ass, but when you just hear Marc's guitarwork, it's far from spot-on.

I like the fact that it's not perfect (I guess that is why i like The Stripes)

Also, a part about the restoration of the film, outtakes with Elton John and Ringo during a jam session, interview extras and not to mention the fantastic story of one cool cat's rocket ride to fame. He was more than just Bang-A-Gong.

Even jagger felt threatened by Marc Bolan :yes

Yeah, I know. :lol

You know I'm just kidding Lou. The wierd thing about your opinions is that I tend to agree with you much of the time. Scary, isn't it? :stunned

Thanks.

Yea...totally..could it be we are both older and midwestern??

LouieB

ok. there are at least half a dozen versions of The Slider on Amazon all with varying prices.

which is the best version to get?

I bought the 2-disc Rhino reissue a while back and highly recommend it. The bonus disc has The Alternate Slider ("Rabbit Fighter") which gives you various working takes, acoustic demos, etc... pretty great stuff.

Yes - but Rhino did not get to work on in like they did Electric Warrior. I don't care for the sound of it - too bright.

any idea why they didn't work on it?

would you still consider this the one to get even though you don't like how it sounds?