Is that the thanks Wilco gets?!

Lieberman said yesterday that America should invade Iran. Try worrying about that for a change. It is a sign of a wasteful and decadent culture when the populace ignores real issues and instead spends their time being distracted by entirely pointless trifles.

i saw your post in the other thread about not discussing invading iran and instead discussing wilco. while you definitley have a point on some level, the larger point is this: this is a forum largely to discuss the band. while it may seem that all we do is discuss the band, i've done several things today that has kept me in tune with the world and my life, and you know what? part of my day i spend here reading and communicating to other like-minded fans who want a few minutes' diversion from invading iran. who's to say, by the way, that i didn't just post to some other message board about the topic you mentioned? who's to say that i didn't just leave a meeting with the (insert relavant and important person here) discussing the invasion of iran and i need to give my brain a rest?

either way, if you've come here to post to get a rise out of folks, then you have a body count of at least one.

congratulations.

i hope that in your postings, though, you find that this is a pretty good place to divert one's brain for a few minutes.

i have to go, now...important meeting with the president.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lieberman said yesterday that America should invade Iran. Try worrying about that for a change. It is a sign of a wasteful and decadent culture when the populace ignores real issues and instead spends their time being distracted by entirely pointless trifles.

You're out of line, Pinto. This is a Wilco fan board, and this thread is expressly intended as a thank you thread to the band. No one is "ignor(ing) real issues and instead spend(ing) their time being distracted by entirely pointless trifles." A well-rounded life includes simple pleasures such as admiring and being uplifted by a talented and meaningful band such as Wilco. Our joys give meaning to the things we struggle toward, and the negatives we struggle against.

So, struggle against what you believe is wrong, such as invading Iran. But don't act as though the people commenting in this thread are somehow inferior to you because they chose to say thank you to Wilco. That's just dumb.

• 7 years later...