Is that the thanks Wilco gets?!

Dear Wilco,

Thank you for giving us free music. Thank you for broadcasting from the 930 club last week. Thank you for having the world premier of Sunken Treasure online. Thank you for including amazing shows in the Roadcase on your website. Thank you for including free mp3s with the Sunken Treasure DVD. Thank you for supporting JHamm and The DVD Project (you do support JHamm, right?) Thank you for not giving up even though you were dubbed an Alt-Country band by lousy critics. Thank you for printing great posters for all of your concerts. Thank you for being on the cutting edge of online music sharing. Thank you for letting tapers live free. Thank you for punching disrespectful fans in the face (or choking them, or just throwing them off stage - whatever you do, you do it well). Thank you for A.M., Being There, Mermaid Ave I & II, Summerteeth, YHF & AGiB. Oh, and Kicking Television. Thank you for thanking us for nothing at all. Thank you for always playing a show somewhere nearby.

Thank you,

NN

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread was started by what may be the best post I've ever read.

Props, NN.

Agree more than enthusiastically that NN launched his tune/this thread with perfect-pitch.

Reread NN's post several times for the sheer pleasure of savoring truth elegantly laid out. Truth is compelling, compelling is forward motion, forward motion is linear, is that an abyss in motion, is nn a double negative that has the superpower positivity? (Don't indulge lsl by responding)-- my intention is to honor the lovely simplicity of the writer's truthful post that I wish I had put into play, but am so grateful to have shared. It is so like the band, the musicians, songs, lyrics, sounds that bring us all together. Full of the humility and dignity and humanity that inspires me daily. Thank you to all of the fans who reject the values of a what could be considered an unkind world and conspire to make it an inclusive and thoughtful one. I want to thank you all for everything you don't even know you have given me. The kindness of strangers has profoundly healed my battered soul.