"I Voted For A Loser" Commiseration Thread

I realize that this is a week premature, but I figure a refuge for those of us who supported a candidate who just didn't make it might be a good idea. I'm still trying to be optimistic, but numbers are numbers...

:hug

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure you have the right numbers? Maybe Karl Rove's math has Kinky winning.

I hope you're right. I SOOOOO hope you're right. The Rick Perry ads in Texas are like nails on a chalkboard...

They've actually done one in the same vein as those "real men of genius" beer ads--this one attacking Chris Bell. It sounds like it should be on the daily show...

:cheers in solidarity!

:cheers

Here in Wisconsin, I like our chances of re-electing our Democratic governor, Jim Doyle.

We will also have this question on the ballot:

QUESTION 1: "Marriage. Shall section 13 of article XIII of the constitution be created to provide that only a marriage between one man and one woman shall be valid or recognized as a marriage in this state and that a legal status identical or substantially similar to that of marriage for unmarried individuals shall not be valid or recognized in this state?"

I'm less optimistic about that one.

I hope you're right. I SOOOOO hope you're right. The Rick Perry ads in Texas are like nails on a chalkboard...

They've actually done one in the same vein as those "real men of genius" beer ads--this one attacking Chris Bell. It sounds like it should be on the daily show...

I'd like to publicly announce my availability to create hilarious campaign ads.

Rick Perry...

Several ads on the radio lately stating: "Rick Perry, the only one with a proven record of securing our border."

:ermm Really?

They're still running the ads on the radio attacking democrat candidate Chris Bell. It's in the same vein (hell, it's a direct ripoff to be honest) of the "real men of genius" beer ads. So pathetic. Way to stay above the fray, jackass.

I'm still with you Kinky, let's all go over the cliff together...

I will be voting for Tammy Duckworth - she is ahead 1 pt. in the polls.....I don't know if she can win, but I sure hope she does!

The smear campaign against her was one of the worst ever.....even the Trib endorsed her...go figure.

LouieB

Polls look pretty good for the Democrats today (not as good the last few days before that). Could just be a a fluke.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/

Yeah,the polls are looking pretty good JF.I really hope by this time tomorrow I'm celebrating & not drowning my sorrows :yes

QUESTION 1: "Marriage. Shall section 13 of article XIII of the constitution be created to provide that only a marriage between one man and one woman shall be valid or recognized as a marriage in this state and that a legal status identical or substantially similar to that of marriage for unmarried individuals shall not be valid or recognized in this state?"

If it weren't bad enough already, in Ohio a similar question that passed is now being used by defense attorneys to have domestic abuse cases thrown out of court. The laws only protect spouses... and if a dude beats his straight common law girlfriend, it ain't spousal abuse anymore. They can, of course, be charged for regular ol' abuse, but the burden of proof is much higher.

but, of course, if they weren't living in sin (like all teh homos) they'd be protected by god'sthe state's laws... and yknow... bitch wouldn't get hit if she just did what she was told. :lol

:mellow

:hmm

:no

just about every politician up here is corrupt. do you want an incompetent republican or a corrupt democrat? :hmm

My theory has always been that the Democrats are more likely to do something, either on purpose or accidentally, to help working class heroes like our esteemed selves. Because if you make less than $100K a year, the GOP has nothing for you except hollow patriotism and not letting the gays get married.

My theory has always been that the Democrats are more likely to do something, either on purpose or accidentally, to help working class heroes like our esteemed selves. Because if you make less than $100K a year, the GOP has nothing for you except hollow patriotism and not letting the gays get married.

Good theory there Bjornicus :cheers One I will heartily endorse.

Tomorrow it's gonna be :hyper

I'll be putting out my paper and swearing a lot.

I'll be putting out my paper and swearing a lot.

If you're up for it,I'll see ya here,same bat-time, for (hopefully) a drink celebrating the return of the 2 party system :D

Man, I hope so! Either way, it's looking like another "drinking in the office" scenario.