"I Voted For A Loser" Commiseration Thread

I voted. :cheers

CT isn't really a swing state or anything, but still, it feels good to have voted. Most likely we'll still be stuck with Lieberman, but if he's going to go back to congress and continue to vote with the GOP, at least its slightly more honest of him to do it as an Independent rather than as a Democrat.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

our fancy new electronic booths were super easy

In Ohio, eh? Did you feel a tiny electric shock if you tried to vote for anything but a straight-GOP ticket? :lol

Here in the hills of western Connecticut, we've got the old-fashioned booths with the levers and pulleys and stuff. Kickin' it old-school...

I just walked into the office and told my right wing republican co-worker, "Today, you're going to see more Republicans going down than at Mark Foley's Sleepaway Camp." (We both have a sense of humor about these things.)

I hope I'm right, because if Diebold has anything to say about it, we may be in the same boat tomorrow.

looks to be a nice turnout in wisconsin at least.

That's good to hear. The early reports I saw on the news appeared to be rather slow in most places, but it was early so who knows? I rolled into my polling place around 8:15 and there were maybe 2 other people there. It was nice not having to wait in line, but at the same time I was like "Uhh...the election is today, right?" :unsure

Given that I live in a somewhat conservative corner of my state, who knows, maybe the sparse turnout is reflective of GOP apathy on a larger scale? Probably too much to hope for.

I was surprised to not wait in line at all this morning. It was about 9:00, so after most people were at work already, but that place was quiet as could be. A little disconcerting, but I live in a safe Democratic district, so it won't make much of a difference in the House at least, I guess.

My theory has always been that the Democrats are more likely to do something, either on purpose or accidentally, to help working class heroes like our esteemed selves. Because if you make less than $100K a year, the GOP has nothing for you except hollow patriotism and not letting the gays get married.

well said.

i am voting for the first time today after school!

i cast my ballot around 10am today. i had to wait in line for half an hour to get my paper ballot to mark (summit county, ohio does not do touch screen. we fill the bubble and it gets scanned). there were about 450 people who voted in my precinct before me according to the scanner machine thing. that's some pretty good turnout.

jesus.

11:55 a.m.: The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel online Newswatch is reporting that a bomb threat has closed a polling location at East High School. It begins:

A bomb threat this morning at Madison East High School prompted the city to close its polling site there and relocate it, state Elections Board Executive Director Kevin Kennedy said.

Kennedy said Madison city officials might ask the Dane County Circuit Court to extend the voting hours for that site due to the time it was closed.

Details on the bomb threat and duration of time the poll was closed were not immediately available.

12:10 p.m.: Hannah Eisen is the daughter of Isthmus editor Marc Eisen and a student at Madison East High School. She provides a few more details about the ongoing situation at and outside of the school. Eisen says that students initially heard that they would be evacuated at 11 a.m., but when the hour arrived, no action was taken. Shortly thereafter, though, the principal (Alan Harris) asked teachers over the school's intercom system to check their email. This message detailed that a note with a bomb threat was found in a girls' bathroom at 8:03 a.m., and that the school would shortly be evacuating its students. At 11:40 a.m., the school evacuated with students being sent to Demetral Field to wait until the building is declared safe and clear. Shortly after noon, Eisen says students are hearing that they may be returning to class at 12:30 p.m., though this remains unclear. There are many police at the park and school, and the situation remains unresolved.
well said.

i am voting for the first time today after school!

Awww. Good for you!

i was turned away!!!

You should have asked to cast a provisional ballot.

You should have asked to cast a provisional ballot.

i will be doing that later today.

i was going to be late for class after having to go to a bunch of people who couldn't find me on the list of registered voters, so i had to leave this morning. i registered on the last day possible, so i figure im not on the books they have or something, but i guess provisional is the best i can do.

Rumored exit polls (which are kind of like the echo of a popcorn fart) are

Democrats leading in:

Republicans leading:

* TN: 51-48

this is disappointing. I really like Harold Ford Jr. :ohwell

too bad I can't vote in TN anymore.

Not a great choice in the NJ senate race this year.

Not a great choice in the NJ senate race this year.

I KNOW!

Menendez, the corrupt Democrat, and Kean, the Nazi Republican :rolleyes

NJ politics is corrupt in just about every office, even in the Jersey City Police Dept. go figure. we had a good mayor a couple of years ago, Cunningham, but he had a heart attack while in office. :(