I'm reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.

God bless your soul. I hope you enjoyed it more than I did, it almost drove me to suicide.

Right now I'm reading "Everything Rises Must Converge" by Flannery O'Connor. Anyone else a fan?

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oooh, I love Jane Eyre.

I've always meant to read some Flannery O'Connor, but never managed to get to it. Any suggestions for a starting point?

Oh, and welcome to VC! :wave

Oooh, I love Jane Eyre.

I've always meant to read some Flannery O'Connor, but never managed to get to it. Any suggestions for a starting point?

Oh, and welcome to VC! :wave

She's a short story author from the 40s. If you're into Faulkner, you'd really enjoy her stuff. Pick up the collection called "A Good Man Is Hard to Find," and read "The Artificial Nigger" (anti-racism piece, no worries). Sufjan Stevens and Tom Waits have each paid tributes to her via song titles, so just don't take my word for it.

Thank you!

She's a short story author from the 40s. If you're into Faulkner, you'd really enjoy her stuff. Pick up the collection called "A Good Man Is Hard to Find," and read "The Artificial Nigger" (anti-racism piece, no worries).

Yeah, it was the Faulkner comparisons that made me think I should probably be reading her stuff. Thanks for the recommendations!