I Might Break Up With My iPod

my iPod's battery has died for the second major time in less than two years.

such a great product but it seems as if it was purposely made with a poor battery so we have to spoon out more and more money to feed our musical needs.

i hope i have some warranty time left, if not, i probably wont replace it. ive done research, found alternative ways for battery replacement, checked prices, but nothing guarentees that the battery wont die in another 6 months to a year, meanwhile my cassette player and Cd player (fully functional yet old and not as sexy) collects dust waiting to be wanted again.

i love you iPod, we had a great time together. but it is soon to be over completely.

should i give it another chance or should i just split the relationship and move on? im headed for my third strike, third charm, is it financially worth it? will iPod change and suit my needs or will it let me down? shall i go back to my old love, CD player, and fumble over CDs in the car looking for the right album? im torn, i need guidance.

I went from having an IPOD in my car to a 6 cd changer and I cannot tell you how much I miss having all my music with me. I think you should try to replace the battery, or at least pick up on of the cheaper models.

Proprietary sealed batteries suck.

Get something that takes AA NIMH's.

I get made fun of this almost daily but I have an iPod shuffle and i love it. Fits 1GB of music which is actually a good deal. At the beginning of the day I load it up with 5 or 6 albums (although it can fit about 10-12) listen to those albums, charge it at night. Adding and removing music takes about 2 minutes and is really easy. Don't use the shuffle feature much; I just play the songs in order and it works fine. Bit of a bummer not having a screen but for 99 bucks (i think they are even cheaper now), not a bad deal at all. Highly recommend it, then you can spend the extra cash on a decent set of headphones instead of those awful earbuds it comes with.

• 2 weeks later...

My iPod has helped me rediscover some great music I'd not heard for years, and I got caught by a passer-by the other mornng whilst indulging in a little air guitar in the park, while walking the dog with Kicking Television in my ears!

It's a great product, I could not be without it now. Buy another. Right now.

get a nano. no moving parts. you will never look back. I speak from experience.

Its true, the nano uses a flash drive much like your RAM theres no spinning disks and minimal power. Hopefully within the next 5 to 10 years everything will be flash and disk drives will be a thing of the past

I get made fun of this almost daily but I have an iPod shuffle and i love it. Fits 1GB of music which is actually a good deal. At the beginning of the day I load it up with 5 or 6 albums (although it can fit about 10-12) listen to those albums, charge it at night. Adding and removing music takes about 2 minutes and is really easy. Don't use the shuffle feature much; I just play the songs in order and it works fine. Bit of a bummer not having a screen but for 99 bucks (i think they are even cheaper now), not a bad deal at all. Highly recommend it, then you can spend the extra cash on a decent set of headphones instead of those awful earbuds it comes with.

I have a Shuffle too and think it is the shit. I use it to go to the gym and when I'm on trains and airplanes. It is hassle-free and perfect for my needs. With a decent pair of headphones and sufficiently beefy files, the sound is just fine.