Gearing up for Madison

Any VCers gathering pre-show in Madison. We're driving down from Minneapolis so don't know if we will be there early enough.

My wishes for songs include:

- New Madrid

- How to fight lonliness

- Impossible Germany

- Theologians

and many, many, more but any of those would make the magic.

Here's to hoping John makes it. People thought I was a little nuts going to see Van Morrison outdoors when my baby was five days old. I didn't get the objection since I wasn't bringing him along. He was fine at home with Grandma.

So for those of you that were lucky enough to get a ticket be counted here.

Here is some info about the area for those of you are from out of town.

Venue: Barrymore Theatre - G/A - small seated venue (old movie theatre). Get there early for good seats. There is a balacony. The ceiling has lights like the night sky, if the sky paint was peeling.

Parking: There is no parkingto be had around the theatre. No lot to speak of. You generally will find off street parking, in and around the neighborhood.

Neighborhood: Atwood. Probably the coolest area in town, filled with mostly grad students and old hippies. Near the lake. If you are there earlier enough take a walk by the lake, the weather is sposed to be great! High of 57 and sunny.

Eats: Within a couple of miles of the theatre there are more resturants then proably any place in Madison. If you take John Nolan Drive to Willy Street (Williamson St) to Atwood (the street where the theatre is) all the way to Fair Oaks Ave you will pass several resturants. Here are my Favorites

The Weary Traveler - Good food and good beer, not with in walking distance but close enough. This is where I will be eating before the show

Jolly Bob's - Jamacian - If you want good drinks go here. Close but can't walk to the show.

Texas Tubb's Taco Palace - Austin style taco joint. Good Cheap and fast. Close to the theatre. If I wasn't going to The Weary Traveler I'd be here.

Monty's Blue Plate - Right across the street from the Barrymore. 50's style diner. The entry way has pictures of the "famous" acts who played the barrymore in years past.

Glass Nickel Pizza - Great pizza, about 3/4 of a mile from the Barrymore.

Wonder's Pub - Great food, excellent beer. Perfect for a meet up after the show.

There are a ton of other places around the area. My suggustion come early explore Madison's best neighborhood.

So long story short. I will be there, with my brother from Minneapolis. Hope to see ya all there.

The Weary Traveler - Good food and good beer, not with in walking distance but close enough. This is where I will be eating before the show

Wonder's Pub - Great food, excellent beer. Perfect for a meet up after the show.

thanks for the beer info! always important to know where to find the quality beer when travelling! :cheers

also, i'll be at the show! first time in wisconsin, don'tchewknow. :dancing

Hey, everyone should eat at Monty's which is RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE VENUE....and I work there and know the food and atmosphere rocks the shit. My little sister's coming up for the show and I'm hoping this one will be better than my last Wilco (actually, Tweedy, but close enough) experience.

yes, i'll be there too. pulling in around 6pm. i think i'm gonna make my way over to the new trader joes and pick up some food and snacks. it's open now. love the barrymore. i've seen about 10 to 12 shows there in my lifetime. can't wait to drink some brews at the show.

alright kids, heading to the hairport NOW! see you all in madison tomorrow night! synchronize watches and whatnot! :dancing

Can't believe I'm going to miss you! Can't believe Wilco is coming to SE WI and I can't make it!