The Jewel In Your Vinyl Crown

muller just mentioned the prized possession of his vinyl collection in the Faces thread.

There's something about vinyl, and a favorite record is different than a favorite CD.

So for all you vinyl enthusiasts (and us fans to a lesser degree), what one record in your vinyl collection would you save if you had to burn the rest?

I think mine would be my Sign 'O' The Times double album. Or Paul's Boutique.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some other favourites of mine are:

First pressings of Blonde On Blonde & Nashville Skyline.

An original pressing of Small Faces - Ogdens Nut Gone Flake in the tobacco tin sleeve.

The Band - The Band on 180gram vinyl. A reissue from a few years back but the sound quality is incredible.

I haven't had Sgt Pepper on vinyl since I was eight. Man, I gotta get that again.

I remember my brother telling me the laughing at the end of Within You Without You was the other Beatles laughing at George.

Weird, I didnt know that...

The coolest thing about Sgt Pepper is the cover art -- the cover gets so much props, but I never really could appreciate it on my cd cover. I always thought it was cool, but when I got it on vinyl (a hand-me-down), I stared at it for hours. Just mesmerizing. Fits the music perfectly too.

Id like to get all of Wilco on vinyl at some point. I only have YHF at the moment. I hear Summerteeth is pretty hard to come by?

I don't really collect vinyl any more, but from the "olden days" I have a lot of vinyl. I'm not really sure if there is anything really collector in it, maybe some of my old Beatles imports.

I suppose my personal favorite vinyl is Fruit Bats "Tragedy Plus Time Equals Fruit Bats" from 2004 which is limited to 500 copies, contains outtakes and early/alternate versions of Fruit Bats songs, and has a hand-decorated album cover with a cute poem Eric Johnson wrote for me when I asked him just for his signature. :blush

But thank God no one is asking me to burn my records. :huh

Thick as A Brick -- complete with 12 page newpaper inside

White Album with embossed "The Beatles" cover

And any double record was good for cleaning reefer, as the seeds would roll down the seam. (Note "was".)

Good times.....

The Fugs on ESP..... :lol

LouieB

An Evening with Wild Man Fischer on Zappa's Bizarre label. :stunned

I agree with P Dub that Satanic Majesties w/ the 3D cover was amazing.

Charles Mingus Presents Charles Mingus in the jazz category.

There's so many really that I'd have to dig em out & take a look.

An Evening with Wild Man Fischer on Zappa's Bizarre label. :stunned

I agree with P Dub that Satanic Majesties w/ the 3D cover was amazing.

i got these two also. My SMR is actually a cut out. Go figure. Wild Man I found for $1 somewhere or maybe free.

Also on the list, many of the Mothers of Invention on Verve.

LouieB