After going through the October setlists, they seem to play the following songs regularly: Walken, Let's Not Get Carried Away, Impossible Germany, Is That the Thanks I Get and What Light (13 total, 3 in October). Next are the songs they've played only a few times: The Good Part ("Not really a new song" 11 times), Maybe the Sun Will Shine Today (8 times), On&On&On (4 times), Let's Fight (3 times, I saw it in Florence, MA 7-16-06), Be Patient With Me (Twice, in both of Jeff's recent solo shows) and now, the new song Shake it Off (debuted Wed. in Madison).

All that being said, I'm wondering which cuts will make the record, I think the 5 songs I listed first should definitely make it. Maybe Jeff didn't like how On&On and Let's Fight sounded and stopped playing them or is saving them for later. I think we'll be hearing more of Shake it Off (once they schedule some more shows, hopefully January or February).

I am eager to hear everyone's feedback and God Bless the wonderful VC community.

P.S. I wonder how much the show tonight kicked ass and wish I could have been there.

In case anyone wants these as mp3's...

The Newest Song: (from Madison)

Shake it Off

The New Songs Bundle:

Right Here!

includes:

1. Impossible Germany

2. What Light

3. On & On & On

4. Walken

5. Is That the Thanks I Get?

6. The Good Part (as said before, not new)

7. Either Way

8. Let's Not Get Carried Away

9. Let's Fight

10. Patient with Me

11. Shake it Off

These are all here by the grace of various generous tapers who would no doubt murder me if they knew i was doing this. Just to make sure I don't actually get killed, I'm adding a disclaimer not to burn any of these to CD and pass them around since they are mp3's and as such, low quality. Furthermore, check out the bittorrent section of viachicago for the shows in full, glorious, FLAC.

P.S. Yes, the Friday Auditorium Theater show was indeed AWESOME.

"The Good Part" was the b-side for the "War on War" single back in 2002.

Right, right. I totally spaced that it's on the YHF Engineer's Demos; I downloaded it recently and do not yet know it thoroughly. That's why Jeff, in the recording I have (don't know from which show) says, after they play it: "that's not really a new song, it's an old song that was on a 'B' side or something, we just started playing it." I wonder why they waited so long to debut it. Kinda weird.

first we had "let's not get carried away" and now we have "shake it off"......now let me ask, is it bad the blisters are playing better than wilco is?

haha..

i agree.. the most recent new songs have been thoroughly disappointing. i was so excited about the new record after hearing the first 8 or so new songs, but the recent ones have me a little confused about what direction the record is going in. nevertheless, i have complete faith in jeff... im sure hell put together the right group of songs in the studio. (p.s. i kind of miss on & on & on, so don't forget about that one jeff, thanks)

haha..

i agree.. the most recent new songs have been thoroughly disappointing. i was so excited about the new record after hearing the first 8 or so new songs, but the recent ones have me a little confused about what direction the record is going in. nevertheless, i have complete faith in jeff... im sure hell put together the right group of songs in the studio. (p.s. i kind of miss on & on & on, so don't forget about that one jeff, thanks)

After seeing the songs live last night, I am much more optimistic. I think the skeptics around here will be pleasantly surprised (I was one of them until last night). The more recent "new" songs, LNGCAway and Shake It Off, are both really strong in my opinion. They held up very well within the setlist. (still not a big fan of What Light)

a friend of of mine in Italy (the dude that did the Milan interview in 2005 with jeff) did a small phone interview with jeff a week or 2 ago, probably so he can write an article on Sunken treasure...

he emailed me these 2 quotes from jeff. i havent heard/read anything else:

"our new record will be our closest album to Being There, except we are different and better musicians now"

and this only concerns me...

"tell your friend we are workin on, we defintely want to play in australia soon *laugh*" :thumbup

a friend of of mine in Italy (the dude that did the Milan interview in 2005 with jeff) did a small phone interview with jeff a week or 2 ago, probably so he can write an article on Sunken treasure...

he emailed me these 2 quotes from jeff. i havent heard/read anything else:

"our new record will be our closest album to Being There, except we are different and better musicians now"

"tell your friend we are workin on, we defintely want to play in australia soon *laugh*" :thumbup

woah I at first thought that "we are" was "we have" I was gonna say thats a pretty bold statement.

that would be incredible if it was close to being there. i think i'm going to stop listening to the new songs until the album comes out so i can be suprised.

and may i say, i was a little harsh about those two songs earlier... but i also think they have had some great new songs like is that the thanks i get, walken, lets fight, theres a light, impossible germany (which gets sicker and sicker everytime i listen to it)

I'm absolutely in love with Impossible Germany. easily the best of the new songs they've been playing, I think. Hearing live in person last night at the Chicago show was amazing, this is exactly the kind of stuff I want to see Nels doing on the new material.

I also really love Is That The Thanks I Get, but I can't see it being on an album, really. I think it would work much better in their repretoir as a live staple. Same goes for Let's Not Get Carried Away: brings down the house live, but I can't see it translating very well in the studio.

Walken is great as well, and one I could see working well on the new album along with Impossible Germany. if those two songs are indicators of the new album, I think it's time to get very excited. Shake it Off impressed me as well, as did the new new new song Side of the Seeds or whatever it was called (I believe the saturday Chicago show was the debut). The instrumental breaks were great.

As for the rest, I can't comment much because I haven't listened to them as many times as the others.