new modest mouse single

yeah.. big MM fan but this isn't that great. Catchy I guess.

i figured they'd sound a little poppier with marr in there now but i think they're still on the path that they went on with good news and i wasn't too big a fan of that path. i thought good news was a good album, i liked the songs. but its just not how i like my modest mouse.

i love johnny marr though. him joining modest mouse was the best thing that happened last year.

yeah.. big MM fan but this isn't that great. Catchy I guess.

This seems to be the exact same sentiment I remember hearing when "Float On" first circulated, so I guess this is the new MM trend. Can't say I'm shaking with excitement for this, but will probably give the record a spin sometime. I'm kinda feeling like I've grown away from the Mouse, tho.

I've always depended on the kindness of strangers...

thanks PigSooie!

I kind of like this on first listen. Isaac does not sound like himself though.

one thing, the sound is not the MM that I prefer, which is pre-Good News. I think Good News was a good album, but it doesn't touch Moon and Antartica. unfortunately, neither does this. :hmm but I'm willing to give it all a chance.

This seems to be the exact same sentiment I remember hearing when "Float On" first circulated, so I guess this is the new MM trend. Can't say I'm shaking with excitement for this, but will probably give the record a spin sometime. I'm kinda feeling like I've grown away from the Mouse, tho.

Float On was the first MM song I heard and I loved Good News... Moon is better but I still love that song.

I think this sounds like a pretty logical next step to me.

People criticize Wilco for their sound evolving over time.

I just kinda feel like: this is good but definitely would be out of place in older MM albums. But is that such a bad thing? Do you really want them to sound the same forever?

I mean, this isn't a Bon Jovi fan site.

I think this sounds like a pretty logical next step to me.

People criticize Wilco for their sound evolving over time.

I just kinda feel like: this is good but definitely would be out of place in older MM albums. But is that such a bad thing? Do you really want them to sound the same forever?

I mean, this isn't a Bon Jovi fan site.

I haven't listened to it yet but from what I have gatehered from the posts in this thread is people don't like it becuase it sounds just like the old single.... I don't see how that has anything to do with them evolving.

meh. float on was a deserved hit, this is 'okay'. though i have quite a few of their albums, i don't listen to much MM, minus the summer where good news was in my car. the strings here are throwing me off, and brock too, his voice isn't his bitter-insane self and the lyrics i can make out are pretty dull. not awful though.

i figured they'd sound a little poppier with marr in there now but i think they're still on the path that they went on with good news and i wasn't too big a fan of that path. i thought good news was a good album, i liked the songs. but its just not how i like my modest mouse.

i love johnny marr though. him joining modest mouse was the best thing that happened last year.

I just heard this on the radio the other day....I guess Johnny Marr needed a steady gig after the group he started went nowhere.

I really think it is time for a Smiths reunion....everyone could benefit from that.

LouieB