Expectations for new album

I expect my expectations to be shaken. John Stirratt says we don;t know what it's going to sound like, even though we think we do. I have a really, really good feeling about this record, and I anticipate it more heavily than any of my short life. I worry that it will come out right around finals and that I won't be able to get any studying done since I'll only be able to think about it or listen to it.

I expect my expectations to be shaken. John Stirratt says we don;t know what it's going to sound like, even though we think we do. I have a really, really good feeling about this record, and I anticipate it more heavily than any of my short life. I worry that it will come out right around finals and that I won't be able to get any studying done since I'll only be able to think about it or listen to it.

This is my concern as well. It will cause me to lose a lot of sleep during the already sleep-deprived exam period

yes, from the sound of the new songs it seems that the title of "dad-rock" will be rightfully earned. i say with my head down. as much as i would like to be pumped for this album i'm having some ill feelings for it. i don't think it will be as epic as AGIB. i really hope that all my predictions are wrong though.

If the first Loose Fur album was a blueprint to how Yankee Foxtrot Hotel was going to sound in the final product, I'm going with the way Born Again In The USA sounds. More focused and tight (The Ruling Class), almost power-poppy (Hey Chicken), with a slight touch of non-pretentious avant-garde (Wreckroom). Then again, I have not been following the band's new songs as they have appeared live so far, so what do I know?

If you are interested, someone has made a nice playlist of most/all of the unreleased songs Tweedy has played recently...

http://www.esnips.com/web/TAMSY-Music

Available for download:

Side with the Seeds (2006/11-25 Auditorium Theatre)

Let's Not Get Carried Away (2006/11-24 Auditorium Theatre)

Is That The Thanks I Get (Tweedy solo, Hotel S 'n' S)

Walken (2006/07-16 Pines Theater)

Patient With Me (2006/10-27 Foellinger Auditorium, Tweedy solo)

Lullaby For Rafters and Dreams (2006/10-27 Foellinger Auditorium, Tweedy solo)

Impossible Germany (2006/10-09 Huntsville, AL)

Shake It Off (2006/11-24 Auditorium Theatre)

What Light (2006/07-16 Pines Theater)

Let's Fight (2006/07-16 Pines Theater)

Maybe The Sun Will Shine Today (unknown date)

On & On & On (2005/09-22 Cain's Ballroom)

Thank you to whoever did this, I hadn't heard Patient With Me before and I thought it was one of Tweedy's most beautiful solo songs. I really hope it is included on the new album.