Apple taking over the world...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confirmation came earlier today that the Macworld Expo keynote speech will not be webcast live. MacCentral received a statement from Apple indicating that the keynote speech by Steve Jobs will not be webcast until 6:00 pm Pacific time. This is definitely a disappointment for many Apple fans hoping to hear real-time news in relation to the many rumored product announcements that have been circulating. Stay tuned to The Apple Blog tomorrow morning - a contributor will be at the keynote speech live and will post information as quickly as possible!
Go to the Apple site...all of those videos are there and they're not compressed all funny.

already been there...it was just easier to post a link to that specific demo. :cheekkiss

that video scrolls through all the alternate ways to pull up contacts. you'll be able to place a call much easier.

but i agree' date=' the interface will take a lot of getting used to for the average person.[/quote']

Yeah, this is not a phone for the 'average person'...that was my point. #1 feature people want a cellular phone by a landslide? Easy and reliable way to make a phonecall...taking pictures, playing music, etc. all lag way behind even today. This'll be a niche play for music freaks/web junkies that want to make phonecalls as well...unless making a call on this thing is a pain in the ass.

I know it's thinner than the Q, but I think it's similair in length and width...not insanely 'throw it in your front pocket' portable either.

Who knows? I'm obviously nowhere close to impartial on this. :lol

i personally prefer simple phones with some decent features (mostly bluetooth) myself

i think this is way overkill for me. hell i wish there were more phones without cameras too.

i'd use it if i was given one tho ;)

My iMac is pretty much an internet machine to me. Having the internet plus stock tickers and weather and maps and all that shit, plus iPod capabilities (and, as an added bonus, a phone) on one little thing is blowing my mind right now.

I shouldn't be surprised that someone has already grabbed all the apple.com demos and put them on YouTube, but I am. :lol

I actually got it from the gizmodo blog site...they're covering both CES and that Mac thing. Needless to say, many people in the office are keeping tabs on both.

Hell, Kyle, I'D use it if someone gave me one. :lol

I actually got it from the gizmodo blog site...they're covering both CES and that Mac thing. Needless to say, many people in the office are keeping tabs on both.

Hell, Kyle, I'D use it if someone gave me one. :lol

Aww, cheer up. Here's an unreleased MC Serch song to help you on your way. [link on top of post]

Believe it or not I actually like it. It reminds me of Black Sheep.

I'm in need of a new iPod and I really wish they had a cheaper version without the phone built in.

a) I don't want to switch service providers,

b ) probably don't have the money for the whole thing but really want a widescreen/touch screen ipod and

c) I really want a widescreen/touch screen ipod.

The wireless internet is awesome and I'd pay extra for that feature but the phone thing, if its limited to Cingular (and excludes Verizon - my network) I'm just going to have to pass - very sadly.

Let's not turn this thread into a Verizon vs. Cingular debate, either...

i have a feeling the 5 hour battery life on this thing is gonna be a huge sticking point in reviews...

Ditto and Pee, i'm happier than a clam, just leery that this thing is going to be as badass as everyone is making it out to be. Regardless, thanks for the Serch tune...i'll chickety check it out.

That's absolutely the one thing that might be a deterrent for people. I thought that was a typo when I first read it.... :ohwell

it doesn't indicate if it's talk time or just usual reagular iPhone useage (for audio only it says up to 14 hours?). if you can easily get through a full day (8-10 hours) without having to charge it, fine, but if you have to, that's terrible.

I don't know....with all the features it's like a mini computer. Besides, people drop $700 on a PS3. Times have changed.

thats certainly true, though wii all know what console most people are buying, and it costs $250.

I am an apple fanboy, and I think this thing is one of apple's most droolworthy products to date, but as with most products apple releases, its best to let earlier adopters beta test the hardware first, and to let the price drop.

So, maybe I'll look at one of these for around the christmas season....but thats so far away....

I am an apple fanboy, and I think this thing is one of apple's most droolworthy products to date, but as with most products apple releases, its best to let earlier adopters beta test the hardware first, and to let the price drop.

I completely agree.

As far as this being a mini-computer...how much experience do you have browsing the web, looking at emails, etc. on such a small screen?

Another little thing is that this won't be compatible w/ Cingular's 3G network (which floors me)...so look for slower speeds four surfing and downloads than you're used to on your PC kids.