Apple taking over the world...

Thanks! Yeah, to clarify, this is not a trackpad issue, but a Bluetooth mouse. It's not the Mighty Mouse, but it seems from the brief searches I did that the problem exists with all Bluetooth mice. And I was wrong, the reason I didn't think it was happening when Safari was off was due to the fact I didn't have any windows open that were larger than the screen, so nowhere to scroll. Once I opened one, the prblem came back.

There seems to be all sorts of explanations for this from signal interference to a dirty trackball. None of the fixes are working for me though so I'm hopeful you can find somethiing. :)

I have tried restarting EVERYTHING, including removing the batteries from the mouse.

ahha. ok yeah, that's different. my instinct is to double-check your sharing settings in the preferences pane. only have what's needed for the bluetooth on. you might be getting a communication issue and less things for the computer to communicate with the better. also, try unparing the bluetooth mouse and then reparing it. that might help. do you have anything else around that has bluetooth activated? like your cell phone? it could be that the machine is searching for other stuff to connect to or is trying to establish a connection with your cellphone and that is interfering with the communication on the bluetooth on the mouse. my machine at the office doesn't have bluetooth on it, but i'll check into the set-ups when i get home on my laptops and see if i can find anything else. i don't think a dirty track ball would cause a hang up like that. it sounds like a communication glitch. to be continued.

that is frustrating. macs really are wonderful. i promise. and i'd still recommend the firefox switch. :)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I was probably editing my post when you added yours. I added this:

Also, I have tried a wired mouse and the problem persists even with that mouse. That suggests to me that it is not the mouse but a software issue as you said.

I have tried unpairing and even turning off Bluetooth completely and using the wired mouse and yet the problem persists. :(

Yeah I was probably editing my post when you added yours. I added this:

Also, I have tried a wired mouse and the problem persists even with that mouse. That suggests to me that it is not the mouse but a software issue as you said.

I have tried unpairing and even turning off Bluetooth completely and using the wired mouse and yet the problem persists. :(

ah rats. the other desktop model at my office has mouse issues. they're not the same, but still eratic. regardless of what kind of mouse you have connected to it, it looses the tracking and jumps all over the screen. it unhinges me. i don't see how my freelancer works with it. i tried 3 different mice and it still does it. we've rebuilt that computer twice now (operating system wise, wiped clean) and it still does it.

i wonder, when you connect the wired mouse, have you tried connecting it to a different port? although if the bluetooth is doing the same thing the wired mouse is doing, i wonder if there's a wire somewhere that relays mouse information and that's actually the problem? since the bluetooth does it it seems to be software though. grrr. try fiddling with the keyboard and mouse settings in the system pref pane. it might be time to set up an appointment at the genius bar in your nearest apple store. :(

just when i thought i had this thing licked for you.

• 4 weeks later...