Apple taking over the world...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was more interested in the iTV and not at all in the iPhone until they unveiled everything. Now I couldn't care less about the iTV and want the iPhone NOW.

P.S. I'm glad I wasn't the only one reading minute by minute coverage. :P

P.P.S. It's Apple TV that's $299.

not till they invent a mouse with at least 2 buttons and an eject button on their floppy drives

:lol Indeed.

Actually, at one of my old jobs I grew quite fond of my Mac once I got one of those cool Kensington trackballs with a zillion programmable buttons...so the "one button mouse" can be overcome. The eject button thing has always driven me nuts, tho. Glad I'm not the only one.

Ok, I'll admit that the iPhone looks frigging cool, although I doubt I'll be buying one since I already bitch about the cost of my current cellphone and the only thing its got going for it is a grainy little camera that I never use.

floppy drives

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

As for the 2 button mouse, Apple came out with a mouse a while ago that doesn't have two visibly separate buttons but reacts to which side of the mouse you're pressing on.

It is most definitely slick looking...but those are renderings, i'll wait and see what it actually looks like coming out of production.

The webcast of the Keynote will be up in a few hours, you can see the real thing then. Steve Jobs was using it during the presentation.

It is most definitely slick looking...but those are renderings, i'll wait and see what it actually looks like coming out of production.

I can't think of a recent Apple product that didn't look just as slick in real life as the "renderings" during the keynotes.

Alright, so the internet demo on there doesn't look too impressive.

magnifying_glass_sm.jpg

EDIT: Oh, wait. yeah it does. Motherfucker just took forever to load. I guess there's other people accessing Apple.com today.

Yeah, I was thinking how amazing it is especially compared to the windows mobile crap I've used before.

Did anyone notice the note at the bottom of the screen:

"This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained."

Interesting...haha

Yeah, I was thinking how amazing it is especially compared to the windows mobile crap I've used before.

Did anyone notice the note at the bottom of the screen:

"This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained."

Interesting...haha

thats why its coming out in june. apple wanted to release it themselves, because if they had gotten FCC approval first, it would have been all over the rumor sites. Steve said it takes 2 months to get approval, so now we wait.

Following along with Steve's keynote was much more interesting than, say, the BCS championship game!

I can't think of a recent Apple product that didn't look just as slick in real life as the "renderings" during the keynotes.

This product is a different ball of wax and I wasn't just referring to the ID...i'm talking about the actual interface to use as a phone. Which, from the youtube vid I just watched, seems a little lengthy and cumbersome...

iPhone placing a call.

Also, what's used in keynote demos are not always what you'll see hit the shelves...again, I speak from firsthand experience. All i'm saying is, that i'll wait to see one in my hands before saying this is going to revolutionize anything and, again, when you are talking about convergence devices that do several different things...it better do all of them equally as well or it'll end up being a niche play.

This product is a different ball of wax and I wasn't just referring to the ID...i'm talking about the actual interface to use as a phone. Which, from the youtube vid I just watched, seems a little lengthy and cumbersome...

iPhone placing a call.

that video scrolls through all the alternate ways to pull up contacts. you'll be able to place a call much easier.

but i agree, the interface will take a lot of getting used to for the average person.