WILCO AUSTRALIAN TOUR CONFIRMED!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made the trek into the Enmore this morning and lined up on the pavement. Probably haven't done that since Bowie's Glass Spider Tour (1988 perhaps?)

Anyway, got 9 tix front row in the lounge section. Don't quite know what this means but it looks pretty damn good on the seating chart. Roll on April.

I managed to get tix in the stalls row E seats 13-16 for the Palais. Also got standing front section for Sydney and GA for Brisbane.

Bring it on!

P.S. Some piece of shit is already selling tickets for the Palais on eBay. Starting bid is double face value. The show isn't even sold out yet!

they wont tell you (apparently they're not allowed to).. we've tried. they're posting them out today you'll see when you get them. if the fax was sent before today they should be better than the 4th row

When we called to see if they received the fax (sent Monday) they said they don't post tickets to New Zealand, so I have to pick them up from the venue in April. But thanks for the reply, probably just saved me another toll call to Aus.

there's a cool A3 size promo picture which i'll try to scan if ic an find a sacnner big enough!

i saw the A0 version of this ad today, its kick arse, and it was hanging half off the wall, if i wasn't walking i would have grabbed it.. might have to make a late night raid and nab it.

i can't wait to see what seats i get. after a few tedious credit card problems (there not being any money on it) i'm pretty sure it went through. the lady from the palais rang up yesterday to say it had been declined and that they would hold my seats and try today, she said if they tried and it didn't work they i could go in in person and pay for them.. not too bad on their behalf i reckon.

glad you had a good experience with them. they were really arrogant to some of us.

ps: where's the A0 size one?... i'm hanging around in the city if its here so i might nab it beforehand :lol

the one i saw is on sydney rd, so not really in the city. the exact location i'll keep to myself... :ninja

from my crappy phone camera but you get the picture.

wilcoadwy6.jpg

I have to say this whole ticket buying process through the Palais has been a bit weird. It would have been nice to know definitively what was the best way to get the best possible seats. It seems like different people have been told different things and nobody knows for sure. I was about 10th through the door this morning and could still only get row E, not even in the centre of the venue. They're still good seats mind you, but their whole setup just seems a bit up in the air.

it'll be weird if the people who pre-ordered (includeing me) get better seats then you guys, as every time i rang the venue they said it would be an even spread.

and if we do get the same kind of seats then who gets the first 3 rows???

apparently they were sending them out on friday... hopefully tomorrow. they'll probably be 4th row or better, since thats what they were handing out on friday morning

Don't assume that. Keep a lid on your expectations or you could well be burnt. I've seen a few Palais pre-sold tix as far back as about the 20th row. I've only gone pre-sold with them once and got 10th row - haven't bothered since cos I've always managed to get better seats via ticketek/ticketmaster. To be clear, I'm not saying your tix will necessarily be that 'bad'...just saying don't expect the front 4 rows or you could be disappointed.

oh well, 4th row at the worst still

I will be very happy to be proven wrong, but I don't think so. Out of about 30 gigs I've seen @ the Palais, I've known people at 20 of 'em that have gone presale - none that I can recall have been in the front 3 rows...most have been between 5 and 15 rows back. Not trying to be an ass about it - just trying to lessen any possible rude shock for someone thinking that the front few rows is in the bag.

I will be very happy to be proven wrong, but I don't think so. Out of about 30 gigs I've seen @ the Palais, I've known people at 20 of 'em that have gone presale - none that I can recall have been in the front 3 rows...most have been between 5 and 15 rows back. Not trying to be an ass about it - just trying to lessen any possible rude shock for someone thinking that the front few rows is in the bag.

no probs :cheers

i'm happy with i've got already

got my pre-sale tickets for the palais today. i got row E, seats 10 & 11. not too bad i guess... so i suppose the first three rows are saved for media types..

I got row E seats 13-16 after lining up at the Palais at 7am. Should have done the fax thing and stayed in bed an extra few hours by the sounds of it :)

I got row E seats 13-16 after lining up at the Palais at 7am. Should have done the fax thing and stayed in bed an extra few hours by the sounds of it :)

where you with a group of people that asked if you can pay with a credit card?... standing behind a guy dressed in black?

we got ours today too and they're also row E, seats 17 & 18....

not sure whether seats 17&18 or 34-37 are closer to the middle (rows E and D respectively)

looks like we'll all be closer together

Right next to our seats! From memory our seat 16 is right on the end of the right rows of seating (looking at the stage) so your 17&18 should be the first 2 seats in the central rows