WILCO AUSTRALIAN TOUR CONFIRMED!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd Melbourne Show! :beer

:blink

perfect!

just rang them and they started selling at 8am on the venue.. booked over the phone

tickets seem to be selling slow... i got 3rd row this time over the phone 4 hours ago, and online booking system still has 3rd row availble now

no love for Adelaide?

from memory, adelaide was the crowd that jeff wasnt too happy with last time in 2003... makes sense to do one there since its on the way. plus, perth was announced later than the first 3 and the 2nd melbourne show sprung up at the last minute. i wouldnt rule adelaide out just yet

i got front row tix for the 2nd melbourne show! :dancing

congrats, froggie! you so deserve it...you've always celebrated everyone else's victories when they got good tickets and helped people with live songs when they were looking for them, all the while waiting for wilco to come back down under.

looks like good concert karma has come your way, my vc friend! :D

yeah, where is that Campaigner guy? :lol

Here I am - late to the party as usual!!

Awesome news - found out last night through a friend and bought my ticket just a couple of minutes ago.

I'd use the dancing smiley face, but I'm a much worse dancer than that.

from memory, adelaide was the crowd that jeff wasnt too happy with last time in 2003... makes sense to do one there since its on the way. plus, perth was announced later than the first 3 and the 2nd melbourne show sprung up at the last minute. i wouldnt rule adelaide out just yet

Can you elaborate on that froggie? I was right up the front for their BDO set in Adelaide and didn't get any vibe that Jeff was unhappy with the response they were getting. They did play right after Murderdolls (I think?? Could have been one of those other similarly moronic bands) though, and Jeff said something along the lines of "we worship the devil too; just in a more subtle and nuanced way." to the Muderdolls fans who had stayed after their set ended :D

Can you elaborate on that froggie? I was right up the front for their BDO set in Adelaide and didn't get any vibe that Jeff was unhappy with the response they were getting. They did play right after Murderdolls (I think?? Could have been one of those other similarly moronic bands) though, and Jeff said something along the lines of "we worship the devil too; just in a more subtle and nuanced way." to the Muderdolls fans who had stayed after their set ended :D

unless i'm thinking of the melbourne BDO... i'll have to listen to them again.

If anybody has access to a spare ticket in a good seat for the Thursday April 19th show in Melbourne please let me know. Don't want to pay anything ridiculous for it, but thought someone might have bought more tix than they ended up needing.

• 3 weeks later...
congrats, froggie! you so deserve it...you've always celebrated everyone else's victories when they got good tickets and helped people with live songs when they were looking for them, all the while waiting for wilco to come back down under.

looks like good concert karma has come your way, my vc friend! :D

What she said. :thumbup