WILCO AUSTRALIAN TOUR CONFIRMED!

The Sidney show is going to be my first ever Wilco show.

I've been a fan since '95

So i'm flying over from Auckland (NZ) for the weekend

anybody know how long an average Wilco gig is? So many songs I want to hear

Welcome to VC Scott! :wave

Although you may be aware of it, just in case you aren't, here's a link to Wilcobase - an incredible database of all things Wilco. You can look at all the shows, what songs they played, how often the songs have been played, etc etc. So narrow your criteria down to the more recent gigs, and you'll see a pattern develop of what they've been playing. Although you should be getting some new stuff mixed in there, no doubt!

I think you can plan on around a 2-hour show, but I hope they give you guys a bit more because you've been waiting so patiently for them to return!

PS - The first show is the best! :thumbup

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i'm flying over from Auckland (NZ) for the weekend

I'm glad I'm not the ony kiwi mad enough to be crossing the Tasman to see them :) Melbourne and Sydney will be my first times ever, too.

was having lunch before with a couple of wilco buddies and we thought if anyone in melbourne is interested in catching up the friday night in the week before the shows for some drinks, ect???

let us know if interested :cheers

was having lunch before with a couple of wilco buddies and we thought if anyone in melbourne is interested in catching up the friday night in the week before the shows for some drinks, ect???

let us know if interested :cheers

I'd be keen on that if I'm in town froggie. There's a possibility I'll be interstate that weekend, but otherwise it sounds like a good idea.

Thanks Wendy. Thats a great site too. It'll be interesting to see how much of the new stuff they do.

Anna, we are not mad, we have no other option. Wilco are never coming to New Zealand !

(maybe a little mad)

Thanks Wendy. Thats a great site too. It'll be interesting to see how much of the new stuff they do.

Anna, we are not mad, we have no other option. Wilco are never coming to New Zealand !

(maybe a little mad)

Didn't they play the Auckland BDO in 2003?

yeah, they did auckland on the way to australia in 2003

2003-01-17 Wilco Big Day Out Auckland, New Zeland

1. I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

2. War On War

3. A Shot In The Arm

4. Hesitating Beauty

5. Poor Places

6. Heavy Metal Drummer

7. I'm The Man Who Loves You

8. California Stars

9. New Madrid

10. I'm A Wheel

I was there, but it wasn't until a month later that I first heard YHF and instantly became a fan. So the fact that I remember watching Wilco set up and then I WALKED AWAY as they started playing has haunted me to this day :upset

Well, really it will haunt me until April 18 when I finally see Wilco and put things right.

That's my semi-justification for travelling so far/spending so much to see them. But I imagine I don't need to justify it to you guys :thumbup

That's my semi-justification for travelling so far/spending so much to see them. But I imagine I don't need to justify it to you guys :thumbup

Yeah, there are a few of us who've crossed oceans for shows, and I think we'll all tell you they were fantastic experiences. I'm looking forward to your reports.

(BTW, I biked the south island in 1999, and I still remember something wonderful about it most every day. That's quite a spectacular country you've got there.)

man im keen for this in a couple weeks, i cant even sleep already, what do you think they will play and wont play?? they better play altwys or ill be pissed wouldnt mind jeff coming out doinga few solo things as well , but i think im getting my hopes up

2003-01-17 Wilco Big Day Out Auckland, New Zeland

1. I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

2. War On War

3. A Shot In The Arm

4. Hesitating Beauty

5. Poor Places

6. Heavy Metal Drummer

7. I'm The Man Who Loves You

8. California Stars

9. New Madrid

10. I'm A Wheel

WHHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad :realmad

Oh yeah I was in the monistary/institution at the time. :heehee

• 2 weeks later...

so is everyone excited yet!!!!!!!!!!!!! where is everyones seats again, can't be bothered looking through the pages. people in brisbane will have to keep posted as to the setlist and everything!!!!!!

i'm E10 & E11!!! just behind you froggie

beware, i do have a pretty big head :lol

Has anybody heard if there'll be any instore appearance in Melbourne?

nothing announced yet.. check the beat and inpress tomorrow for any glimmer of hope if there's a last minute announcement.. i doubt it though

one of these shows is going to webcast on wilcoworld

which one?

I don't know, but I heard that one of them will be.

here it is:

We will be webcasting WILCO 's show from The Enmore Theatre in Sydney, Australia on Saturday, April 21. Showtime is 9 PM in Syndey/7 AM in Chicago.
:thumbup