Jim O'Rourke @ The Banana Hall, Japan

• 2 weeks later...

What songs does he play on this, and what is the sound like? Does he just do guitar work? Does he mess around with his Mac at all? Just curious? Very interesting, everytime I download it it won't work but I am very willing to continue until sucessful

What songs does he play on this, and what is the sound like? Does he just do guitar work? Does he mess around with his Mac at all? Just curious? Very interesting, everytime I download it it won't work but I am very willing to continue until sucessful

the first two songs are electronic the rest are from bad timing and eureka. and one from halfway to a threeway.

Out of curiousity, is this .RAR format RealPlayer only, is there a deeping meaning to it (e.g. I can play it on other sources)?

it has nothing to do with Real Player

1. What is a RAR file

RAR is the native format of WinRAR archiver. Like other archives, RAR files are data containers, they store one or several files in the compressed form. After you downloaded RAR file from Internet, you need to unpack its contents in order to use it.

2. How to handle RAR files

WinRAR provides the complete support for RAR files, so you may both create and unpack them. If you installed WinRAR on your computer and downloaded RAR file from Internet, you may double click on RAR file icon to open it in WinRAR, select all files, press "Extract To" button, enter a destination path and press "OK". Another way is to click on the RAR file in Explorer using the right mouse button. If you enabled "Shell integration" option when installing WinRAR, the file context menu will contain "Extract to ..." item.

Some RAR files can be parts of multi-volume sequences. In WinRAR you can split a huge archive to a few smaller files, which are called volumes. They may have extensions .rar (the first volume), .r00, .r01, ..., or .part1.rar (the first volume), .part2.rar, ..., etc. If you need to unpack volumes, place all them to the same folder and start extraction from the first volume.

• 7 months later...
How recent is this show?

I thought he "quit" music?

He hasn't "quit" music. He just decided that music for now isn't his main thing. He's been playing on releases in the Japanese improv scene as a side-man. He also still has projects in the works with members of Sonic Youth. Last but not least, he made a recording of the Japanese composer Toru Takemitsu for Columbia Japan, which he also performed live (a clip is up on youtube).

edit: and of course, there's Loose Fur. "Born Again in the USA" was made after he moved to Japan. And his various mixing employments, the most high-brow being Joanna Newsom's Ys last year.

Last I heard he's doing the exact the same thing as the previous poster has mentioned. His "main thing" is working on movies at least that's what I heard a while back.

• 1 month later...