I dunno. Iggy's a good guy; does he not deserve to make a buck?

I dunno. Iggy's a good guy; does he not deserve to make a buck?

I didn't say he didn't -- 'cause of course he does; I am the first to defend the right of musicians to make a living -- but... it is somehow surreal that a guy that has writhed on broken glass onstage is selling the preferred vehicle of our fathers.

I didn't say he didn't -- 'cause of course he does; I am the first to defend the right of musicians to make a living -- but... it is somehow surreal that a guy that has writhed on broken glass onstage is selling the preferred vehicle of our fathers.

Marlboros were originally marketed as an upper-class cigarette. Weird, but it happens.

.. iggy has been about making cash for years....

how many times have you heard lust for life in commercials???

read 'please kill me' - you'll see what i mean. i don't think he ever set out to be an impoverished musician. he in fact saw the success bowie started having in the 80s and decided to groom himself in that manner to make it 'big' in the business. otherwise he was on a destructive path (he knew if he didn't model himself after bowie he wouldn't be around long).

how is this any worse than selling cruises?

See, in when I was young, cadillacs were the car of old men. This is different than cruise lines (which didn't become more popular until later).

Sheesh.

i don't mind him shilling for Cadillac, but the lyrics to the song just don't go w/ the car whatsoever.

"i'm a punk rocker, yes i am" uh... no you're not, you're an overpriced car manufacturer for old folks and aging yuppies

also, the song is actually Teddybears, w/ Iggy on guest vox

Caddys haven't been the car of old men for quite a while now, Edie.

:P Duh, but old habits die hard

You do know I'm in the automotive business, don't you?

I am use to songs being in commercials now - I don't like it - but it's a pretty common thing these days. Tom Petty says that he will never do such a thing - so there's something pretty cool. Cadillac must have the money - as they got LZ to sellout a few years back for the first time ever. I am more confounded as to why I heard the Bruce song Blood Brothers used in one of those Kidnapped Missing Boring Ass Shows a while back.

how is this any worse than selling cruises?
I was about to say that.....

See, in when I was young, cadillacs were the car of old men. This is different than cruise lines (which didn't become more popular until later).
I don't know if anyone has noticed but Iggy IS an old man......

Actually in recent years, Caddie has been altering its image a bit, with some of the smaller cars and the SUV and such. Caddie's may have been the cars old (and rich people) drive in the past, but I am sure GM would love younger folks to buy them too.

Actually I would like to modify this post.....Caddies were certainly also greared towards the upwardly mobile (see songs by both Aretha and Bruce...) and they were always pimpmobiles as well, not necessarily just sold to old rich farts (like my uncle who drove them even when he was a young rich fart.)

LouieB

no, it's some song that I've never heard before. but I like it.

actually, the commercial I like has a song by the Teddybears on it. my bad.