Clap Your Hands Say Yeah new stuff

I like this album a lot. It's totally dark and spooky, and definitely progresses the band's unique and lovable sound. Not quite as good as the self-titled album, but not far off. Please, share your own thoughts.

so far, while it's early in the year, Satan Said Dance is the most annoying song i've heard in 2007, easily

I do despise the "Said Dance" part of the chorus. Stupid little kid indie vocals remind me of shittier bands like Architecture In Helsinki

so far, while it's early in the year, Satan Said Dance is the most annoying song i've heard in 2007, easily

oh man, I really like this song, I heard it live a long time ago and I didn't remember much about the song, except him singing "satan" over and over again. I dunno I think its dark and creeepy and good.

I also really like this album and dont get the fuss over the first song, I love it.

This album is still terrible in my opinion. Thought it might grow a bit, but it hasn't. I have a hard time making it through the first half without shutting it off.

I dislike it as well. It's like they took everything that was quirky and fun about them and said, "we can't do that anymore". It sounds like they are going for the Talking Heads "Fear of Music" vibe and it fails.

Sad, because I loved their first release.

AFter downloading the 2 tracks they have on their website and then previewing the whole album on Itunes I am decidedly underwhelmed. I was really looking forward to this album after stumbling on their first one a year or so ago. Think I'll wait until I can find a used copy somwhere though.

This album is still terrible in my opinion. Thought it might grow a bit, but it hasn't. I have a hard time making it through the first half without shutting it off.

that's because they're one of the worst bands out there today.

I agree! It's a good thing that my ipod has a skip button. I think it would be a much better album without that song.

They said they had 40-50 songs in the can for their next album this time last year. I hate to think that these were their best songs or, more appropriately, their best effort.

I think it's great. I liked the first record a bit, but I really enjoy this one. "Underwater (You and Me)" is one of the best straightahead pop songs to hit my ears in a while, and I like that Ounsworth is figuring out what he should be doing with his voice. "Yankee Go Home" is a hell of a track too, as is "Satan."

Totally agree.

I think it's great. I liked the first record a bit, but I really enjoy this one. "Underwater (You and Me)" is one of the best straightahead pop songs to hit my ears in a while, and I like that Ounsworth is figuring out what he should be doing with his voice. "Yankee Go Home" is a hell of a track too, as is "Satan."
I'm really enjoying this too, not as straightforward as their debut, it's a little darker in tone and feel. I actually quite like "Satan", it feels like something you could dance to :)

Totally agree.

At work, people look at me funny when I sing the chorus to this song.

Interesting how "Satan Said Dance" is already shaping up to be one of the most polarizing songs of the year. I definitely dig it--I find the strange clacks, noises, and electronic clutter deeply musical. Like the album overall, it's really grown on me.

But I should probably stop playing the song around the house. Tonight, at the dinner table, my 2-year-old daughter suddenly started singing, in a quiet whisper, "Say-tan, Say-tan..." That'll be tough to explain to her grandmother (a lifelong church secretary).

But I should probably stop playing the song around the house. Tonight, at the dinner table, my 2-year-old daughter suddenly started singing, in a quiet whisper, "Say-tan, Say-tan..." That'll be tough to explain to her grandmother (a lifelong church secretary).

:lol brilliant!

So upon finally giving this album several serious listens, I've decided the term "sophomore slump" definitely applies here. What a wretched follow-up to a nearly-flawless album.

I like maybe 4 songs. And "Satan Said Dance" is among them. Frankly, it gets stuck in my head, it's catchy and quirky like their entire first album, and I just like it. It's just a really poor album.

I'm pretty sure CYHSY is a one album deal: buy their first one, forget the rest.

so i guess i'll throw in yet again my love for this album... i played the cyhsy debut album for my nieces the other day (ages 2 and 3 1/2) and they loved it. when the 3 year old asked me what it was i said "clap your hands say yeah". she promptly clapped her hands 4 times and said "yeah". too cute.

anyhoo, (though i'm a total fangirl) i think the sophomore album is brilliant. i've been denying myself listening to it lately just so i don't suffer from cyhsy burnout...