i did not see happy feet, but i did see cars and it was probably the stupidest animated film i've seen in a very very long time, perhaps even ever.

disclosure: caliber's brother LOVED it and we had to get it for him for Christmas.

I thought Cars was GREAT. I don't understand the hatred towards it. It was more subtle and low-key than previous Pixar efforts, but was eye-popping, touching and funny.

Happy Feet was so overly schmaltzy and reliant on goofy dance numbers.....if Robin Williams never did an animated character's voice again, I'd be ok with that. And the save-the-environment message was way over-the-top....ok, I get it...the world's beautiful, penguins are beautiful, be kind to nature, be kind to penguins......ugh.

Cars was the only movie nominated in a major category this year that I saw. :huh And I've seen it 3 times now (1x in the cinema, 2x on DVD). I love it. The Incredibles was better, but Cars was still better than anything Disney (pre-Pixar buyout) has produced in the last 20 years.

I thought Cars was GREAT. I don't understand the hatred towards it. It was more subtle and low-key than previous Pixar efforts, but was eye-popping, touching and funny.

Happy Feet was so overly schmaltzy and reliant on goofy dance numbers.....if Robin Williams never did an animated character's voice again, I'd be ok with that. And the save-the-environment message was way over-the-top....ok, I get it...the world's beautiful, penguins are beautiful, be kind to nature, be kind to penguins......ugh.

Never be kind to penguins. If you look closely at my avatar you will see the avenging narwhal impaling one of those little bastards! Happy Feet my ass

Getting way off-topic, but Pixar's next movie, "Ratatouille" looks very entertaining. It's directed by Brad Bird (The Incredibles, Iron Giant).

And Pixar's following movie, Wall-E (2008), sounds very interesting and somewhat dark from what I've read....it's about a robot hundreds of years in the future. Directed by Andrew Stanton (Finding Nemo).

Shouldn't be long before Pixar gets the Oscar again.

Getting way off-topic, but Pixar's next movie, "Ratatouille" looks very entertaining. It's directed by Brad Bird (The Incredibles, Iron Giant).

And Pixar's following movie, Wall-E (2008), sounds very interesting and somewhat dark from what I've read....it's about a robot hundreds of years in the future. Directed by Andrew Stanton (Finding Nemo).

Shouldn't be long before Pixar gets the Oscar again.

The trailer for Ratatouille is excellent! Hadn't heard of that other one, sounds cool.

To my eyes, Helen Mirren at 62 looks far finer than a baker's dozen of the younger girls. My jaw dropped looking at this old broad last night:

helen_mirren200.jpg

I was not aware she had appeared nude in so may movies until seeing proof in a rather rique blog post. Sweet jesus was/is she effing hot!

I was not aware she had appeared nude in so may movies until seeing proof in a rather rique blog post. Sweet jesus was/is she effing hot!

Umm.. link?