- Ellen's opening monologue sucked.

- Happy Feet beat Cars....you've got to be fu*#ing kidding me!

- Will Ferrell and Jack Black had a funny singing bit about comedies getting no respect.

- Melissa Etheridge won Best Song....you've got to be fu*#ing kidding me!

- Ennio Morricone tribute...I love his music...very cool.

- Little Miss Sunshine did not win Best Picture...bummer. The Departed DID win...very cool.

- Al Gore got on stage to accept Oscar for Best Documentary...dude looks as plastic as ever.

I would like to send out my personal congratulations to Sir Stewart for having been a part of the Best Picture. :cheers

:monkey

I watched the deleted scenes on DVD last week. Didn't make the cut for that, either. But still, I'd like to thank the Academy, and carlos, wherever you are.

- Martin Scorsese won the Best Director Oscar, albeit belatedly, for The King of Comedy. :rock

Most everyone I know thinks that movie blows, but I liked it quite a bit.

To my eyes, Helen Mirren at 62 looks far finer than a baker's dozen of the younger girls. My jaw dropped looking at this old broad last night:

Yes, agreed, but I thought she was older than 62. Hmm.

Ellen had some good jokes ... "Without blacks or Jews there wouldn't be any Oscars ... or people named Oscar" (paraphrasing).

I loved the way they introduced the awards for the Screenplay and (especially) Editing categories - showing a short example of how a clip was edited was genius.

- Ellen's opening monologue sucked.

- Happy Feet beat Cars....you've got to be fu*#ing kidding me!

- Will Ferrell and Jack Black had a funny singing bit about comedies getting no respect.

- Melissa Etheridge won Best Song....you've got to be fu*#ing kidding me!

- Ennio Morricone tribute...I love his music...very cool.

- Little Miss Sunshine did not win Best Picture...bummer. The Departed DID win...very cool.

- Al Gore got on stage to accept Oscar for Best Documentary...dude looks as plastic as ever.

Ellen was not the best, but it was cool that she poked fun at celebs (however nothing will ever beat Norm MacDonald hosting the ESPY's in 1999 he was killing everyone)

Will Ferrell/Jack Black/John C Reilly skit was he highlight of the night

Ennio Morricone tribute was long overdue - 'The Mission' soundtrack is one of my all-time fav's.

Al Gore: please GO AWAY.

cars was an awful movie. saw happy feet last night and thought it was less than awful...thus making it a clear winner over cars.

i did not see happy feet, but i did see cars and it was probably the stupidest animated film i've seen in a very very long time, perhaps even ever.

disclosure: caliber's brother LOVED it and we had to get it for him for Christmas.