Beatles album that never was

Sorry but that is extremely lame. The Beatles broke up when they did. It is over. Plus who gives this guy, a former bassits with The Late Show Band, the authority to put together any type of Beatles "album." This is just a gimmick to sell covers. The worst idea in history.

uh, it's just a live show, not some big gimmick to sell records. they're not even recording an album, did you even read the article? :)

yeah it sounds sorta dumb, but how is it any different than most cover bands? it's not like they're marketing this as The Beatles or that it's even remotely official.

Sorry but that is extremely lame. The Beatles broke up when they did. It is over. Plus who gives this guy, a former bassits with The Late Show Band, the authority to put together any type of Beatles "album." This is just a gimmick to sell covers. The worst idea in history.

Wow. Overreact much?

It's two live shows, not an album. Sounds like fun to me, and I'd go if I lived in New York.

And yes, Lee plays with the CBS Orchestra (a.k.a. "The Late Show Band"), but that's just his steady job. His credits are extensive and impressive. I'd say he's as qualified as anyone to do this, and the other musicians involved are all top-notch.

I can't even understand how would someone be interested to see that kind of show. I find that pathetic.

The Beatles themselves would have never played exactly like on their records. That's the thing in music that everyone should understand: there's no perfection: there is just creativity and ideas.

I would exchange any new artist's stuff with the most perfect Beatles imitations.

The Beatles themselves would have never played exactly like on their records.

I've got news for you ... before the advent of overdubbing, that's exactly what they did.

You're missing the point. This is an intellectual exercise as much as anything -- they're not attempting to recreate a Beatles live show, they're just speculating as to what a subsequent Beatles album might have sounded like. If that's "pathetic" to you, don't go.

The Beatles themselves would have never played exactly like on their records. That's the thing in music that everyone should understand: there's no perfection: there is just creativity and ideas.

Actually, the thing in music that everyone should understand is, if you like it, you like it. Why should you care if someone else wants to watch this concert?

Actually, the thing in music that everyone should understand is, if you like it, you like it. Why should you care if someone else wants to watch this concert?

Everyone is free to watch this concert, as I'm free to put the blame on them.

I can't even understand how would someone be interested to care whether such a concert happens. I find that pathetic.

It's because you miss the point. Actually the best new Beatles out there are those who get their spirit without playing their music.

In 1999, I found the best new Beatles album was Summerteeth. Beatles juke-boxes today are just OLD.

I've got news for you ... before the advent of overdubbing, that's exactly what they did.

No they didn't. Their live acts were different from their records.

It's because you miss the point. Actually the best new Beatles out there are those who get their spirit without playing their music.

In 1999, I found the best new Beatles album was Summerteeth. Beatles juke-boxes today are just OLD.

No, I don't miss the point. I disagree with you. I say if there's an audience for it, they should put on the concert and why should you care if they do? You say they shouldn't do it because it's pathetic, because it's not original. It's a tribute band, and a very good one. No more and no less. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Aside from the screams, not really -- they were pretty much note for note. And that's how the records had been recorded in the first place: live in the studio.

Aside from the screams, not really -- they were pretty much note for note. And that's how the records had been recorded in the first place: live in the studio.

"note for note" doesn't mean it was the same, since the songs were pretty simple. The Beatles just didn't mind of doing their songs exactly like on their records, the beat was different, the sound was different, the singing was different. They were just playing it "live", often faster, without necessarily all the verses. All I keep from their live acts is energy, hooks and good ideas.

"note for note" doesn't mean it was the same, since the songs were pretty simple. The Beatles just didn't mind of doing their songs exactly like on their records, the beat was different, the sound was different, the singing was different. They were just playing it "live", often faster, without necessarily all the verses. All I keep from their live acts is energy, hooks and good ideas.

Whatever. I stand by my statement.

You wouldn't criticize the New York Philharmonic for playing note for note recreations of Beethoven or Vivaldi, no, that's what the New York Philharmonic does.

I've read a few things about the Fab Faux and this is how they feel they're approaching the Beatles canon.

You wouldn't criticize the New York Philharmonic for playing note for note recreations of Beethoven or Vivaldi, no, that's what the New York Philharmonic does.

I've read a few things about the Fab Faux and this is how they feel they're approaching the Beatles canon.

There's no point between the Beatles and Beethoven.