Aye me too. Remember when you had to put this thing in a 45 to be able to play it?
How old are you?? Nope sorry....I was already a full blow teenager when you were born. There are some of these that I don't remember when they were released, but I do remember alot of them.

LouieB

I had a bunch of 45's handed down from siblings that needed the spindle to play them. I am not saying I remember when people used to do their homework with slate and chalk but still... :P

Jenny Jenny - Little Richard

Spoonful - Howlin' Wolf

Psycho - Sonics (Best scream in ever in the history of recorded music)

The Hunch - Hasil Adkins (I'm not exactly sure when it came out. Recorded in the sixties, or earlier, released when Norton got hold of it.)

A Minha Menina - Os Mutantes

Aye me too. Remember when you had to put this thing in a 45 to be able to play it?

45RPM%20LOGO.jpg

I didn't use those much, because my turntable had its own adapter for 45s :P

They were good for use with a stack loader, though. :yes

45RPM%20LOGO.jpg

I

What a pain in the ass these things were. Sometimes you would put them in, but they would be difficult to take out. I suppose this was someone's idea of a good idea when 45s were invented, but I never really understood the purpose of the large hole.

Or as some DJ was saying on the radio today, many people now don't understand the concept of the "B" side anymore.

LouieB

Or as some DJ was saying on the radio today, many people now don't understand the concept of the "B" side anymore.

I was talking to a kid (probably ~20 years old) recently on his knowledge of vinyl, and he couldn't come up with an answer to the following question: "For double albums, why were sides 1 and 4 on opposite sides of one record, and sides 2 and 3 on opposite sides of the other?" :lol

...but then I just felt old... :omg :hmm

I was talking to a kid (probably ~20 years old) recently on his knowledge of vinyl, and he couldn't come up with an answer to the following question: "For double albums, why were sides 1 and 4 on opposite sides of one record, and sides 2 and 3 on opposite sides of the other?" :lol

...but then I just felt old... :omg :hmm

Old is right.....

That was a brilliant idea I suppose, but of course only if you stacked them and then that supposedly wore them out faster if you did. Then you weren't supposed to stack LPs anymore and it messed you up because then you have to go get the other disk just to play side two of a four sided album. I still hate that.

LouieB

"Midnight Confession" - The Grass Roots

:thumbup I adore that song so much.

Four Tops - Bernadette

Gladys Night and the Pips - If I was your woman my bad... 1971.... good song none the less

Donovan - "Mellow Yellow" & "Sunshine Superman"

Nope sorry....I was already a full blow teenager when you were born.

Louie.... how much blow fills you up? That's gotta be an expensive habit for a teenager.

Even though it's been played to death on that TV commercial, I gotta agree with Twisted Acres.."Tighten Up" is one of the best grooves evah. :worship

Louie.... how much blow fills you up? That's gotta be an expensive habit for a teenager.
:shifty Funny!!

I guess there are any number of funny things to say about my lack of an n in that sentence.

LouieB

Buddy Holly - If you listen to his whole catalog you can see how brilliant he was. He's got C&W, orchestral pop, acoustic rock, etc. In my opinion he was way ahead of his time.

The Ventures - They taught me how to play guitar.

The Four Tops - Loving You Is Sweeter Than Ever, You Keep Running Away, Bernadette