I am sure there are countless number of threads that have been posted about this but....

1. I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

2. She's a Jar

3. Forget the Flowers

4. Sunken Treasure

5. Heavy Metal Drummer ( i really miss those heavy metal bands...)

and I do love it when Jeff unplugs his guitar and does Acuff Rose at concerts, but then that reminds me of someone else's song and it will of course change in ten minutes.

i think i'm the only person who's mentioned "Nothing'severgonnastandinmyway (Again)"

Every time I hear that I think, "This is the greatest Beach Boys song Wilco has ever written."

I may have to amend my top 5.

"Hummingbird" of course is the greatest Beatles song they've ever written. "Hate It Here" is a close second.

I was going to start a thread For a Wilco best of. It would be quite a different thing though (as oppossed to 'five songs im into at the moment') . You would be abliged to put songs from each album on I guess. As for an actual Best Of I can't see much call for an official release in this downloading, compiling day and age. Anyway it seemed like too much work( cronological order? equal wieght to each album? mermaid avenue? kicking tellivision? b-sides? cup of tea and a lay down?

-Hell is Chicago

-(was I) misunderstood

-Heavy Metal Jesus

-Thats not the television

-Spiders must be High

Soo many good tracks...

"Hummingbird" of course is the greatest Beatles song they've ever written.

That one always reminds me of Ray Davies somewhat more...but McCartney is definitely in there. :thumbup

"Hummingbird" of course is the greatest Beatles song they've ever written. "Hate It Here" is a close second.

"Theologians" and "Summerteeth" (and especially "Summerteeth") are the best Paul McCartney songs he never wrote.

This is SO easy!!

1. Far, Far Away (current live version)

2. Hate It Here (how amazing is the transition from the penultimate verse to the chorus: "...and I should take care!")

3. Kamera (from YHF, not the fuzzified version)

4. Impossible Germany (the Allman Bros.-inspired twin guitar riff is off the charts)

5. Wait Up (okay, so that's a UT song, but I'm including it...)

unless...

1. I'm Always In Love

2. This Is New

3. Pot Kettle Black

4. That's Not The Issue

5. Panthers

of course, maybe it's...

1. Shake It Off

2. You Are My Face

3. Bob Dylan's 49th Beard

4. Dreamer In My Dreams

5. Forget The Flowers