Bright Eyes Cassadaga

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

breakman turns my way is definitely looking to be my favorite on the album too. anyone get the feeling that he's gotten a little clean on this album? I mean, just the overall vibe to me is that he may be laying off doing certain things he was maybe doing too much.

breakman turns my way is definitely looking to be my favorite on the album too. anyone get the feeling that he's gotten a little clean on this album? I mean, just the overall vibe to me is that he may be laying off doing certain things he was maybe doing too much.

all of the rumors of his drug use were greatly over-exaggerated... drinking & weed smoking, sure...

This album is really good.

Like, album of the year good. I'll still give it to TAC for now, but this'll be in the conversation.

TAC = ?

The Appleseed Cast? did not know they had a record out this year :stunned

all of the rumors of his drug use were greatly over-exaggerated... drinking & weed smoking, sure...

TAC = ?

The Appleseed Cast? did not know they had a record out this year :stunned

Cod damn you, solace.

The.

Arcade.

Cire.

lol.

as much as i love AF (duh.), it's not album of the year material at all (although it's currently top 3 for me)

it's definitely gonna be up there come end of the year for me, but i wouldn't be shocked if it's near the bottom of my top 10 either...

lol.

as much as i love AF (duh.), it's not album of the year material at all (although it's currently top 3 for me)

it's definitely gonna be up there come end of the year for me, but i wouldn't be shocked if it's near the bottom of my top 10 either...

Well, who would be your top album so far?

(I'll need a complete list including links to download.)

Well, who would be your top album so far?

(I'll need a complete list including links to download.)

Andrew Bird

Arcade Fire

The National

Wilco

Dinosaur Jr.

those for sure, anything else, check that other thread :monkey

as for my top 3 at the moment, as much as i like them, I really hope only one of those ends up there at the end of the year (would be ecstatic if none of them were though!)

"Well, I awoke in relief. My sheets and tubes were all tangled weak from whiskey and pills, in a Chicago hospital."

This sone implies nothing more than pills and alcohol.

(Probably his best song.)

I am pretty certain that Mr. Oberst did a lot of cocaine in there sometime. Digital Ash is seemingly 99% inspired by the drug.

not gonna be as stupid to say he's never touched the stuff, but i have a friend down in Omaha who grew up with and is still best friends with Tim Kasher. As a result he's pretty close friends with Conor as well, he's said that Conor was a lot more of a druggie when he was 15-18 than he is now. And that he mostly just drinks way too much and occasionally smokes weed as of late.

"Well, I awoke in relief. My sheets and tubes were all tangled weak from whiskey and pills, in a Chicago hospital."

This sone implies nothing more than pills and alcohol.

(Probably his best song.)

ah yes, because Bright Eyes songs are all first person :stunned

Don't bring Carlos into this...

But yeah, I'm gonna say "When The Brakeman Turns My Way" joins "Lets Not Shit Ourselves", 'Another Travelin' Song", and "The Bottom Of Everything" as my favorite Conor Bright Eyes song.

But yeah, I'm gonna say "When The Brakeman Turns My Way" joins "Lets Not Shit Ourselves", 'Another Travelin' Song", and "The Bottom Of Everything" as my favorite Conor Bright Eyes song.

Not terribly surprised by this, but none of your favorite Bright Eyes songs are on my list of favorite Bright Eyes songs. I do like Let's Not Shit Ourselves though.

Not terribly surprised by this, but none of your favorite Bright Eyes songs are on my list of favorite Bright Eyes songs. I do like Let's Not Shit Ourselves though.

What would make your's then?

I'm not as big a fan of his earlier stuff, as I find much of his stuff before Lifted to be rather inconsistent.

I would also add "Easy, Lucky, Free" and "Light Pollution". And maybe "Waste of Paint".

What would make your's then?

I'm not as big a fan of his earlier stuff, as I find much of his stuff before Lifted to be rather inconsistent.

I would also add "Easy, Lucky, Free" and "Light Pollution". And maybe "Waste of Paint".

yeah, i probably like less than 10 songs of his prior to Lifted... and i don't love all of Lifted either, for that matter

yeah, i probably like less than 10 songs of his prior to Lifted... and i don't love all of Lifted either, for that matter

Lifted is less hit or miss than his prior ones (which have like 2 or 3 good songs a piece), but man he stepped up his game on these last three ones.

I think it's always been there, but he's much more mature now.

agreed.

i think if he'd go back and re-record those earlier records w/ his voice now, as well as the more interesting/lush music, i'd probably enjoy them quite a bit, cuz lyrically he's always been pretty great.

agreed.

i think if he'd go back and re-record those earlier records w/ his voice now, as well as the more interesting/lush music, i'd probably enjoy them quite a bit, cuz lyrically he's always been pretty great.

I agree that those first few could use some revamping. I'd love to hear him take on some of the songs in a live setting with new music. He's really matured in his arrangements. Probably doesn't hurt to have guys like M. Ward around, though.

Yeah, I've got a friend who loves his lyrics but cannot stand his voice. It gets in the way. Though he's warmed up to his last few records (and Strangely enough, "When The President Talks To God" is his favorite song, complete with goatboy vocal stylings).