Bright Eyes Cassadaga

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The good songs are great, the bad songs are downright terrible. Hot Knives and Make a Plan to Love Me are possibly the worst two songs Conor has recorded since before even Letting Off the Happiness, and the production on the entire thing just drags it down. Just because you have a lot of money to spend making an album doesn't mean you should spend it. I'm just disappointed, I'm a big bright eyes fan but I think overall the ep blows and this, at the very least, is certainly his least consistent album yet.

Dude, album's been leaked for a few hours.

i think his voice got better but overall this is just a poor mans wide awake but hopefully it signals hes away from that digital crap and is going all out folksy... anyone else think the sonic stuff is kind of lifted from wilco? the woman at the begining of the album reminded me of "yankee hotel foxtrot" but in a far more gimmicky art for the sake of art way... thats my biggest problem with bright eyes, that art school bullshit... i dont even know how to describe it, after spending a year at an art school i was surrounded by a lot of shitty art and people who couldnt understand how it could be anything but the most amazing thing on earth.. this turned into a bit of a rant, im done.

i think his voice got better but overall this is just a poor mans wide awake but hopefully it signals hes away from that digital crap and is going all out folksy... anyone else think the sonic stuff is kind of lifted from wilco? the woman at the begining of the album reminded me of "yankee hotel foxtrot" but in a far more gimmicky art for the sake of art way... thats my biggest problem with bright eyes, that art school bullshit... i dont even know how to describe it, after spending a year at an art school i was surrounded by a lot of shitty art and people who couldnt understand how it could be anything but the most amazing thing on earth.. this turned into a bit of a rant, im done.

-i wouldn't call anything that bright eyes has ever done "art school bullshit"

-digital ash is pretty great album

-wilco did not invent using weird sounds

anyone else think the sonic stuff is kind of lifted from wilco? the woman at the begining of the album reminded me of "yankee hotel foxtrot" but in a far more gimmicky art for the sake of art way...

To the first question, not a chance.

As for the second bit, have you ever heard a Bright Eyes album? They all open in a similar way. And at the end of the Bright Eyes song "Neely O'Hara," he uses what I think is a chunk of the Conet Project, meaning Bright Eyes did it first.

And finally, Digital Ash is wonderful. Personally, I hope he never buries that side. Doing so would just mean he's settling for what people think he should be (next Dylan, apparently).

I'm loving the new album. This is the exact bright eyes that I like and what I was hoping for. Where's Gillian Welch though? I read she's suppose to be on the album but I don't hear her...

Classic Cars...

To the first question, not a chance.

As for the second bit, have you ever heard a Bright Eyes album? They all open in a similar way. And at the end of the Bright Eyes song "Neely O'Hara," he uses what I think is a chunk of the Conet Project, meaning Bright Eyes did it first.

And finally, Digital Ash is wonderful. Personally, I hope he never buries that side. Doing so would just mean he's settling for what people think he should be (next Dylan, apparently).

I hate you more than shit on the sole of my shoe, but I agree with you 100%

. Doing so would just mean he's settling for what people think he should be (next Dylan, apparently).

next dylan is the stupidest crap im tired of hearing that, that being said i think his folk side is just better than the digital garbage

It's over at Sad Pandas too...

I'm digging so far. My sister is going to be thrilled that this leaked.

I just wish that dude's live show was better... saw him once, and I am not doing that again.

hmm, I've seen him twice, one show was great and the other was really good.

when i saw him he was a drunk babbling mess. he passed out beer to underaged kids at the front of the stage.

maybe it was just that tour though. the songs were good, it was the between-songs that go me. that and the teeny boppers that insisted on squeezing as close to the stage as possible. totally not cool, because my sister's friend almost got trampled. it was the first GA show where i actually went to sit when the headliner came on.