Bright Eyes Cassadaga

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From listening to Four Winds endlessly and now the first half of Cassadaga this could quite possibly my favourite Bright Eyes album. His singing is less annoying, lyrics are fantastic again and the music is the most interesting and dynamic on a Bright Eyes record. 2007 is gonna be a great year for music!

One thing that annoys me is that Endless Entertainment isn't on the album. I thought it was a fantastic song.

this is really sweet so far...

easily his biggest and most lush production to date. some of the strings sound a bit much/cheesy at times, but it's a minor complaint.

and you're right, he really has toned down his annoying goatboy voice!

I hate the way he sings on this record and the Four Winds EP. Seems pretty poor so far, especially lyrically, but maybe it will grow on me. Growing up ain't done him no good. Or maybe growing up ain't done me no good. Saw some comments over on Oink that I'm Wide Awake and this record seem like they lack passion and while I'm not sure that's true, they certainly lack any sense of urgency/unpredictability. This just plods along.

The good songs are great, the bad songs are downright terrible. Hot Knives and Make a Plan to Love Me are possibly the worst two songs Conor has recorded since before even Letting Off the Happiness, and the production on the entire thing just drags it down. Just because you have a lot of money to spend making an album doesn't mean you should spend it. I'm just disappointed, I'm a big bright eyes fan but I think overall the ep blows and this, at the very least, is certainly his least consistent album yet.

From listening to Four Winds endlessly and now the first half of Cassadaga this could quite possibly my favourite Bright Eyes album. His singing is less annoying, lyrics are fantastic again and the music is the most interesting and dynamic on a Bright Eyes record. 2007 is gonna be a great year for music!

One thing that annoys me is that Endless Entertainment isn't on the album. I thought it was a fantastic song.

www.yousendit.com

I hate the way he sings on this record and the Four Winds EP.

you mean you'd prefer if he just spat and did his goatboy impression like prior to the last 3 records? ;)

personally i think his voice has never sounded as good as it does (but then again i fucking hated his voice before Lifted, and even part of it)

i got through 'hot knives' and decided to listen to something else. i don't think i'm in a conor mood tonight, and i need to hear this album when i'm in the mood. from what i did hear, his voice has certainly matured, though i was never bothered by it in the first place... :) and i really love 'four winds'. i'll give the album another go tomorrow.