Bob's back on guitar

First two shows so far on the spring tour to date, the first show had Bob on electric guitar for the first 7 songs and the second had the first 5 songs. Then it was back to the electric keyboard for the remainder of the show. I hope this keeps up...really missed his playing. I'd like to see the return of the acoustic set, but I'll take this for now! :dancing

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First two shows so far on the spring tour to date, the first show had Bob on electric guitar for the first 7 songs and the second had the first 5 songs. Then it was back to the electric keyboard for the remainder of the show. I hope this keeps up...really missed his playing. I'd like to see the return of the acoustic set, but I'll take this for now! :dancing

Wow that is pretty awesome...still don't think I'd go see him ever again.

I have no idea what this thread is about.

Bob is back on guitar...I thought it was pretty obvious, it said so in the title.

Maybe the words you read aren't able to flow to your brain now, what with your septum deviation. You should put up a little detour sign in there.

And you have the nerve to call yourself Elston Gunn! ;)

Nah, he's pretty damned hoarse these days. Modern Times was a fine example of how much his voice has deteriorated in recent years (to say nothing of his songwriting abilities, which are little more than uninspired pastiche-writing abilities these days), and the last time I saw him (over three years ago now) was a pretty wince-inducing experience. Still, the prospect of Bobby slinging the Strat again is enough to make me considering making the trek to either Buff or Toronto when North American tour dates are announced. If he doesn't play that close, I'm out, though. There aren't many artists I'd drive over an hour to see.

the voice is what it's all about. there isn't anyone who could sing these later-period Dylan songs but him. his voice is perfect. he's proved himself to be one of the finest singers and interpreters of the blues ever. go back and listen to Charley Patton, Robert Johnson or Dock Boggs sing and you might have a different perspective about what is great...and why they (and Dylan's recent work) are considered to be such.

-justin

He has played some really cool venues the last 2 times he came here. Both Minor league stadiums and once with Willie Nelson -- it rained really bad so I'm glad I didn't go to either one. But now that he is playing guitar I will go.

If you were read Bob Dylan news and/or were familiar with Bob Dylan's music , you would know -

I was talking about Bob Wills. Shockingly, I do know a little bit about Bob Dylan (although I don't think he merits one-name status either).