Neko Case--Chicago 3.29.07

...twice, while i was at work tonight, by calling me to let me listen in on this show.

the songs that did me in: teenage feeling :love , and star witness. :-O

THANK YOU ALLISON! :worship

there is a story by ray bradbury titled, "dandelion wine." in it there is a very old man whose health is failing. he calls an old friend in mexico and asks him to hang the phone out the window just to listen to the town where'd travelled as a young man. it's beautiful, it's powerful and moving. this is what i thought of listening to neko belting it out over the phone.

there is a story by ray bradbury titled, "dandelion wine." in it there is a very old man whose health is failing. he calls an old friend in mexico and asks him to hang the phone out the window just to listen to the town where'd travelled as a young man. it's beautiful, it's powerful and moving. this is what i thought of listening to neko belting it out over the phone.

:wub

b-mann, you're familiar with it?

I'm not familiar with it, but I love your telling of it in relation to this. :wub

neko, kelly & nora, it was awesome.

A few years ago I saw Neko, Kelly, and Carolyn Mark, and that show is on my list of things to do over again, when I get my time machine up and running. :wub :wub :wub

neko, kelly & nora, it was awesome.

HOT DAMN!!

brianne: hooray for the barrymore! and the fab cafe up the street!

for the record: neko played los angeles (the fonda) the VERY NIGHT of Living Room Show 2. there you go.

...twice, while i was at work tonight, by calling me to let me listen in on this show.

the songs that did me in: teenage feeling :love , and star witness. :-O

THANK YOU ALLISON! :worship

And now a sequel - Farewell Summer.

I have not read Dandelion Wine in decades...

Good show, packed enthusiastic audience. It was nice that Nora showed up to help on harmonies. The band was a stitch as always. I had the unfortunate experience of standing next to a a couple who seemed more interested in taking pictures than listening to the music. (They weren't assholes, just a bit over the top on their picture taking...) and at one point Neko started waving at me (I thought) but actually she was waving at these guys asking them not to film her. They claimed they weren't but it put a damper on things for a few songs in my part of the room.

Good time all around.

LouieB

Fakeliz and I and a bunch of other friends are catching her on the 6th at one of the best venues evah. The stage is kneehigh. We'll be right up front. Cannot wait for this. :wub

I'm not familiar with it, but I love your telling of it in relation to this. :wub

A few years ago I saw Neko, Kelly, and Carolyn Mark, and that show is on my list of things to do over again, when I get my time machine up and running. :wub :wub :wub

the first magical concert phone call i ever received was from you at the wilco NYE MSG show. :wub

and when you get the time machine humming, i'd like to revisit those mmj NYE shows from last year. short trip!

I have not read Dandelion Wine in decades...

lou, i read it every summer. if only for the chapter about new sneakers. :dancing

And now a sequel - Farewell Summer.

:blink engaging google search engine...

(thanks a-man!)