A confession, and embarrassed suprise.

I do not own a CD copy of Being There. I have bought Kicking Television, AGIB, and YHF...but I wanted to listen to the rest of the cds but have yet to have the cash to spend on all of them.

I love the song The Lonely 1...and I love the take that I thought was on the album...but apparently the version if Being There I downloaded has a demo version of that song. It's a rough sounding demo, but a GREAT take, and I always assumed that they left that demo on the cd becuase it was such a great performance of the song ( it's just two guitars, and the way Jeff sings it fits the track perfectly.)...but I was just listening to the album off of my Napster account, and that song came up, and for the very first time I heard a full studio version of it....

No wonder some people don't like that song. The 'demo' version thats on my downloaded copy of Being There is a MUCH better rendition of the song, imo.

I smell a small fortune to be made in t-shirt sales for both Son Volt and Wilco shows....

The "I Hit On Jay's Wife" tee.

Maybe not.

I will paypal $5 to the first person that gets on Cafepress and does this...

my albums the same way. i've just always been afraid to admit it because of the backlash i'd get from downloading it. in my defense, i'm lazy and downloading is easier than ripping.

where did you get your copy? torrent site?

downloading is easier than ripping

Oh god yeah. I've "illegally" downloaded so many CDs that I already own, it's ridiculous.

The CD medium is pretty much dead to me now. It's either iPod, computer library, or vinyl.

"my albums the same way. i've just always been afraid to admit it because of the backlash i'd get from downloading it. in my defense, i'm lazy and downloading is easier than ripping.

where did you get your copy? torrent site?"

Indeed. I was thinking mabye the person that uploaded it had this demo version that he preferred to the studio one.

I'll get it moved over to this computer sometime so you guys can hear it, cause I think it's really good.

Can someone post or point the way to a place to download said demo version? I'm not sure I have heard it. Also, are there any theories as to why no Being There demos ever saw the light of day?

Essentially........."Being There" ARE the demos...has been the oft mentioned reason......

_Robert.

Essentially........."Being There" ARE the demos...has been the oft mentioned reason......

_Robert.

yes, they kept recording over the same tape until they got something they liked. so there wasn't really anything left over that could be considered a demo.

Awesome llynnowens!!

Make it happen!

Done!

The quality of these items is rather questionable because I didn't use a template or anything...

but this sweet button can be yours for the low, low price of $2.25! (That includes shipping!)

122470847v3_240x240_Front.jpg