FYI : Pines Theater Tix On Sale Now.....

Hello Everyone,

I had a hunch this would work. I only thought of this a few minutes ago. This is how I got 2nd row dead center for Jeff Tweedy at the Calvin Theater in Nov 05. At midnight they went on sale. It was posted in Via Chicago and I luckily checked at 1202 am and I rushed on and voila. Now it's my turn to be the grand father and let you know of this Worther's Original. Not funny. Of course, this show is only general admission but it will put some at rest.

www.nbotickets.com

Thanks

Kristofor

:thumbup

$8.50 service fee per fucking ticket? Fucking bullshit. Fuck that.

EDIT: Thanks for the heads up u2roolez.

No shit. My wife's best friend is in Norhthampton and we were gonna fly up and visit and catch the show, but $45 per ticket is crazy.

I'm prety sure it sold out last year...I wouldn't wait if'n I wuz you!

Got mine...and fer VT as well...whooo hoooo!

the waiting only has to do with the fact that I am in Chicago, rather than the east coast, otherwise I would order them immediately.

LouieB

Including 4 hours of gasoline?

Holy crap, you guy use hours as a volume measurement on the East Coast!?!? No wonder I have a hard time communicating some times.

I was going to order, but this a GA show and there seems to be no rush at the moment. How big a place is this??

LouieB

NBO is annoying in that they stop selling advance tickets in the days leading up to the show, even if they're not sold out. They say that you have to buy them in person on the day of the show, but that they may or may not sell out before show time. It's not such a big deal at the Pines since it's all general admission, but for their indoor shows, they won't even show on their online seating charts if seats are left. I missed out on seeing Ray LaMontagne in December because I didn't want to drive the three and a half hours up there only to find out it was sold out or that my friend and I couldn't sit together. If you're coming in from out of town, the only safe bet is to buy your tickets in advance.

The Pines is pretty small, so even if you're in the back, which I was last year, it's still better than at most other venues. I didn't mind paying the $8.50 service fee because it's a locally-owned operation that runs the Calvin, the Iron Horse, and the concert series at the Pines, and they always get a lot of great shows up there. It's better than coughing up the same amount to Ticketbastard.

If they really blow me away, I might make the trip up to Vermont, too, but I'm not sure yet.

I had a hunch this would work. I only thought of this a few minutes ago. This is how I got 2nd row dead center for Jeff Tweedy at the Calvin Theater in Nov 05.

You must have been sitting right next to me (or in my lap, but I think I would have noticed the latter), was sitting in same spot.

Got my Pines tix, woo!

You must have been sitting right next to me (or in my lap, but I think I would have noticed the latter), was sitting in same spot.

Got my Pines tix, woo!

Hey Man,

Were you the guy who yelled out "play Gun" ? The guy (who sat to the left of me one seat over) that Jeff mentioned during the show. He said something like "I can't see you out there....but every so often the darkness talks to me....like hey why don't you play Gun."

If not , well see you in June.

Awesome venue. I too was in the back at Pines and it is excellent no matter where. Allow ample driving time because it gets a little bit confusing. The speakers look like something out of a castle. Unreal.

Three dollars and 63 cents,

I think they will blow you away. I saw them for the 1st time in 2003 at Fleet Bank Of America Harbor Lights Ya Da Blah Blah, Boston. I was blown away and wondered where the fuck I'd been to not known of this band before 2002. Well, if you look at my screen name that explains where. Bono is not a happy camper.

Kristofor

me and my girlfriend got our tickets today, she gave me them as a graduation present...this looks to be a great time.

edit: I was just wondering how hard it is to get to the front, seeing as how I'm a really short guy and I want a good view.

Hey Man,

Were you the guy who yelled out "play Gun" ? The guy (who sat to the left of me one seat over) that Jeff mentioned during the show. He said something like "I can't see you out there....but every so often the darkness talks to me....like hey why don't you play Gun."

If not , well see you in June.

Awesome venue. I too was in the back at Pines and it is excellent no matter where. Allow ample driving time because it gets a little bit confusing. The speakers look like something out of a castle. Unreal.

Three dollars and 63 cents,

I think they will blow you away. I saw them for the 1st time in 2003 at Fleet Bank Of America Harbor Lights Ya Da Blah Blah, Boston. I was blown away and wondered where the fuck I'd been to not known of this band before 2002. Well, if you look at my screen name that explains where. Bono is not a happy camper.

Kristofor

That was me :omg. If you need the recording of that show just p.m. me. haha, but yeah it was a really great concert. See you at the Pines B)

That was me :omg. If you need the recording of that show just p.m. me. haha, but yeah it was a really great concert. See you at the Pines B)

Wow, it's a small world after all.

I already have the show, thanks for thinking of PMing it to me though.

Cool :thumbup ,

Kristofor

Last year there was no problem getting tickets at the show. If not from the venue then from people who had extras etc. Also if you get to the show just a little bit early you will have no problem getting up close. We got there about an hour before and ended up 2nd row.

The Pines is pretty small, so even if you're in the back, which I was last year, it's still better than at most other venues. I didn't mind paying the $8.50 service fee because it's a locally-owned operation that runs the Calvin, the Iron Horse, and the concert series at the Pines, and they always get a lot of great shows up there. It's better than coughing up the same amount to Ticketbastard.

The problem is that the NoHo Box Office is IHEG's own ticketing agency. I can see a service fee of a few bucks to cover expenses of running ticketing, but this seems extreme. If anything, you'd think that operating in such a small market they would give their patrons a break on fees to encourage them to come out to shows. There's just no excuse for slapping an $8.50 service charge on your own tickets. At $90 for a pair, I have to pass as well.