from bobdylan.com:

"Hucks Tune" On Lucky You Soundtrack

Bob Dylan has recorded a brand new song for the sountrack[sic] to the motion picture titled Lucky You. In addition, the soundrack features the timeless Dylan classic "Like A Rolling Stone", as well as recordings by Kris Kristofferson, Drew Barrymore[sic], Bruce Springsteen, Ryan Adams, Bonnie Raitt, Liza Minnelli and more!

Pre-order now for delivery on the 4/24 release date.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a short sample of this song over on the Sony Music Store site. It sounds a lot better than most of Modern Times, which is unsurprising when you consider that Dylan almost always hits 'em outta the park on soundtracks.

There is? I can only get a sample of Like A Rolling Stone on that site.

EDIT: expectingrain has a link to the Best Buy site/sample:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...&id=1561855

There's a short sample of this song over on the Sony Music Store site. It sounds a lot better than most of Modern Times, which is unsurprising when you consider that Dylan almost always hits 'em outta the park on soundtracks.

\

in what way??? its a 30 second clip and both lines rhyme! what does this tell you about how good the song stacks up to full length material we've already herd?

Well, Modern Times was shit on a stick, so... :boff

I like the fact that there's a discernable melody here, and that it sounds nice, and I also like that I can't immediately place the lines Dylan is singing. Hey, it's a start, right? I don't see how you can fault me for that. Hopefully it'll be at least as good as North Country's "Tell Old Bill," a song I liked a whole bunch.

I like the fact that there's a discernable melody here, and that it sounds nice, and I also like that I can't immediately place the lines Dylan is singing. Hey, it's a start, right? I don't see how you can fault me for that. Hopefully it'll be at least as good as North Country's "Tell Old Bill," a song I liked a whole bunch.

i agree about the soundtracks. And I wouldnt go as far as to call Modern Times shit, I would say its just okay which in turn makes it severly dissapointing since its a bob dylan album.

i'd go as far as to say modern times was the best album released last year... i couldn't get enough of it.

Lucky you! I wish my standards were that low. Of all the boring, mediocre blooze-rock I heard last year, MT ranked somewhere around the middle of the list (at the top, in case you're curious: The Black Keys, whose song "Modern Times" is what an inspired blues pastiche sounds like in my book).

Huck's Tune is shit, too, unsurprisingly. Another lazy lyrical pastiche that makes me think of wandering attention spans and counting sheep. Dylan's consumption is particularly bad here, as he swallows the end of virtually every line in the song (not before literally gasping out the last few words), but that might be due to the god-awful production more than anything else. His voice is mixed louder here than it has been in concert since around '03 or so (which is really saying something), and it doesn't do him any favours.

It's funny - if you'd told me when Tell Ol' Bill was released that Dylan would be giving us nearly a dozen more songs over the span of the next year and a half, and that none of them would be nearly as good, I probably would have laughed.

I'm sure he'll catch another creative wind again before the curtain comes down, but for now, well, it feels a lot like the late '80s all over again for Bob.

i quite like hucks tune actually. i prefer it over his other recent soundtrack tunes like return to me or waiting for you. i know i'll get blasted, but cross the green mountain looks good on paper, but i dont like the recording. tell ol's bill was nice and catchy

i like the hook at the end of the verses on hucks tune

i quite like hucks tune actually. i prefer it over his other recent soundtrack tunes like return to me or waiting for you. i know i'll get blasted, but cross the green mountain looks good on paper, but i dont like the recording. tell ol's bill was nice and catchy

i like the hook at the end of the verses on hucks tune

Where have you been able to hear this? Or is it available on iTunes or something?

Jesus man! How can you be so condescending!

I think his standards got flipped upside down when he wasn't looking, and now all the blood is rushing to their head - making him talk all crazy about things. :monkey

I wonder if he still likes the 30 seconds of the song he heard on best buy, which he said he liked the melody and lyrics to, even though he's now found out he doesn't like the rest of the song?

Jesus man! How can you be so condescending!

haha i guess my standards and everybody else's in the world are "low"

http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/dy...s?q=bob%20dylan

as for the black keys, they are great but they can't compare with the emotion dylan puts into his music. just read the lyrics to spirit on the water or workingman blues #2... there is nothing comparable in the black keys catalog.

Don't you think it's about time Bob releases a CD of soundtrack-only, compilation-only tunes and other ephemera? Maybe the next Bootleg Series release could be something along these lines. The man has some loose ends to tie up.

That reminds me-- when the hell will the next Bootleg Series release be announced???

Well..you just lost any credibility you had. That was by far the best disc released by anyone last year (ok, TV on the Radio kicked ass too). What is there not to like about Modern Times. Brilliant lyrics and some of his best singing on record. "Spirit on the Water" may be his best vocal performance ever!