Remember: the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame isn't like the Baseball Hall of Fame. It's a pretty ridiculous place ... along the lines of the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Whether or not a certain artist is "enshrined" should not get anyone's panties in a wad.

The Pixies are still 7 years away from being eligible, but I can guarantee they'll get in, probably not first year, but still.

Then again I don't think the Smiths would get in right away either.

I don't know if the Replacements will ever be nominated, but I sure hope so. I can see them getting in over Husker Du (even though both deserve it)

If they get in, why not the Replacements, or the Pixies, or any number of bands?

Not sure the Smiths deserve it, but I wouldn't mind seeing some Pixies action in the R&RHOF

Anyone who ever got a good review from Rolling Stone will eventually be "in."

I am always curious about their selection method - is it sales, popularity, influence, originality, or some or all of the above.

And I still don't understand Grandmaster Flash being in there - I'm not putting him down, - just wonder what he has to do with rock and roll.

And I still don't understand Grandmaster Flash being in there - I'm not putting him down, - just wonder what he has to do with rock and roll.

I look at his induction as a testing the waters type thing. Since there wasn't a general consesus that his induction was a misstep, he will be followed by other hip hop artists in time.

Why, because you don't like them?

I just think that they are marginal....not HOF worthy

I look at his induction as a testing the waters type thing. Since there wasn't a general consesus that his induction was a misstep, he will be followed by other hip hop artists in time.

I bet Run DMC is next to go in.

I am always curious about their selection method - is it sales, popularity, influence, originality, or some or all of the above.

Because the original rappers rapped over classic rock beats, hip-hop can trace its lineage to rock 'n' roll. Word.

I could definitely see the Smiths getting in before The Cure. As for some of the other bands mentioned, it will be interesting to see what happens to punk and underground bands as they become eligible. I can definitely see Black Flag, Husker Du, etc. being skipped in favor of more popular, mainstream bands/artists like Bon Jovi, Madonna, Guns N Roses, etc.

P.S. GnR's first album is great, don't get me wrong...but getting inducted into a hall of fame on the basis of one great record would be like letting Brady Anderson into Cooperstown for one 50 hr season.

P.S. GnR's first album is great, don't get me wrong...but getting inducted into a hall of fame on the basis of one great record would be like letting Brady Anderson into Cooperstown for one 50 hr season.

i know not everyone agrees, but Use Your Illusion I & II had some pretty killer tracks too... you can't exactly discount those

there's no hope at all for the rnrhof's credibility. they might as well throw a dart at a cd rack to pick initiates.

led zepplin gets in before black sabbath. the ramones get in before the stooges. marilyn manson will get in before kiss. ever since 2004, the inductee list has been pretty pathetic.

uhm.... Led Zep getting in before Sabbath is accurate...

Zep put out I & II (both in 1969) before Sabbath put out their first record (1970)

not to mention that Zep are just a way way bigger band and probably more deserving... now as far as influence... that's a bit closer

sabbath should have gone it at the same time or not at all. they were both a part of the same movement and were both HUGELY influential. the only reason sabbath finally got in was because ozzy became a reality tv star and stopped being the guy who bit off bats heads.