Wilco on Later

This coming Friday night Wilco are on Later on BBC2 television. Other guests include LCD Soundsystem and Bloc Party. Should be half decent for a change.

I've pretty much given up on Jools Holland after he gave Travis & Beverly Knight 3 songs the other week, & Candie Payne 2 songs, but only gave Joanna Newsom 1 (and it was an old song too, cos, i assume, the new ones are too long). Candie Payne being completely unknown, and both Travis & Beverly Knight being the musical equivalents of a fart joke - says all there is to say about the show. I think that the shit atmosphere of it all will mean that Wilco won't be that entertaining, but then you never know...

It was savagely bad, I was pissed off with the exposure give to that Tina Turner impersonator , Knight. And as for that Candie thingy...such unlistenable shite. The fact that I was drunk and yelling at the telly probably didn't help either.

It was savagely bad, I was pissed off with the exposure give to that Tina Turner impersonator , Knight. And as for that Candie thingy...such unlistenable shite. The fact that I was drunk and yelling at the telly probably didn't help either.

Perhaps you should switch to Sanka?

Perhaps you should switch to Sanka?

I have no idea what that is but if it is non-alcoholic then NO CHANCE!

Good enough show last night, for a change.

I think that version of You Are My Face might be the best Wilco television performance ever, it's certainly up there with the 2005 ACL, Jesus, etc. on Leno and My Darling on the Sessions on 54th. That was amazing.

--Mike

I think that version of You Are My Face might be the best Wilco television performance ever, it's certainly up there with the 2005 ACL, Jesus, etc. on Leno and My Darling on the Sessions on 54th. That was amazing.

--Mike

I was thinking the same thing... it's at least the best in recent memory.