Studio 60 Gets Cancelled

I thought Sorkin weaved the rapid fire witty strikes beautifullly.

I don't see why people see this as a bust. And the writers that complain that it doesn't depict SNL at all are comparing apples to oranges. Sorkin did the same thing with West Wing. Even though it was based on Clinton, the story was never about retelling Clinton's presidency.

Sigh.

I thought it was great. Snappy dialogue and witty. Had plenty of potential, well acted too. Shame to see it go when you consider some of the shite that makes it to network television. Thank the Lord for cable and The Wire.

this quickly became one of my favorite shows. i think everybody saw the cancellation coming, but i think it's failure was nbc's fault for the way they promoted it, scheduled it, etc. i'll be sorry to see it end.

I honestly didn't think this show was still on.

And that my friend was part of the problem.

NBC dropped the ball in regards to promotion on this one.

Well, damn....there goes one of the few television shows I actually watched.

It had a lot of potential. I especially liked the episodes John Goodman guest starred on.

And I too really dig Amanda Peet :ohwell

It was on last thursday at 10:00 for the 1st time since winter and the promo they ran the prior week made it sound like they were going to air it thursdays at 10:00 during the summer. (as though they were giving it another chance.)

i loved the show.

and....

And I too really dig Amanda Peet :ohwell

"dig" is not the word i have in mind.

"dig" is not the word i have in mind.

Ok. "Feverishly Lust After" is probably more like it.

IMDB lists 18 episodes in the can. I've no idea how many have aired but would suspect it's only about half that number.

Doesn't make much sense. It had one of the higher production costs around but a really good ensemble cast and Sorkin. It's not unusual for shows to go through a maturation process that make take a few seasons to hit it's stride and gain a viewer ship.

Monday night was a crappy night for it.

"Feverishly Lust After"

Rather than beating around the bush, what i had in mind was more of a kidnapping, soundproofing my 3rd floor, and holding her hostage, indefinitely. Nobody ever goes up there anyway.

Monday night was a crappy night for it.

Rather than beating around the bush,

Actually...not a terrible idea

That's a shame... one of the channels in the UK (can't remember which one) has paid an awful lot for this and I was hoping to see it, whether they'll bother showing it now though...

It is meant to start on More 4 over the next month or so. It has been on Irish tv for a while and we are nearing the end of the season and alas the series. :(

It is meant to start on More 4 over the next month or so. It has been on Irish tv for a while and we are nearing the end of the season and alas the series. :(

Is it any good? Worth watching? I'll keep my eye on More 4 then...

I'm bummed they canceled it. I really enjoyed it. It was definitely similar to West Wing with the dialog (and the cast), but that's why I liked it so much. Why don't they give more dramas a fighting chance? They change time slots every week, insert long breaks in air dates, and then pull the shows prematurely because no one is watching them.

SLIGHT SPOILER ALERT for below text....*

Did anyone else hear Allison Janney refer to Timothy Busfield's character, who's name is Cal, as "Danny" early on in last weeks episode or was it just my mind playing tricks on me?