The inevitable sell out post

You seem to be confused about what marketing actually is.

Lots of people (including you) think that it is advertising alone. Wrong wrong wrong. Toyota marketers researched (a huge part of marketing) what people want. They split them into market segments that share like qualities, then tell the engineers what to design so that the vehicles are created with the feature function set that people in the segments actually want. The design part is particularly important.

Then a different set of marketers (usually agencies) create advertising so that people who want the features/function can find them -- with or without sellout artists.

The Echo is an entry level vehicle primarily aimed at people who care about fuel economy -- you. It is also aimed at people that were thinking about getting used, but can afford a lower priced new car (thus the term "used car alternative").

Edie

Phace.

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the fundemental problem here is that you are clearly an exemplary individual, and others (including the members of Wilco) are unable to live up to your justifiably high standards.

I

Someone here mentioned that at least they did not sell the song to Hummer

I think it's time for people to stop posting in this thread.

Either accept that

1) Wilco has "sold out" and move on because you fundamentally can't tolerate that

2) They have justifiably marketed themselves because they're a business, and a small one in the grand scheme of things

3) TV makes you dumber and isn't worth watching (my opinion), or

4) If you're watching cable TV, you've probably already "sold" your soul

This thread has gone beyond browbeating inanity, and that in itself is an unjustified lashing-out of sorts

hummer is GM. i think they have more cars on the road than vw.

vw has been at the forefront of new diesel technologies, also, and have cars that get better mpg than hybrids according to tests done independently by autoweek magazine.

This thread is essentially some whining, some people saying "quit your whining," and some other people joining in the whining.

Yet you said the following in the first post:

Please tell me you notice the discrepancy in logic here.

I would understand if the band were huge VW fans

This thread is essentially some whining, some people saying "quit your whining," and other people joining in the whining.

Just like all the other threads here over the past 5 years - more or less.

Maybe they could get some VW engineers to help people figure out how to get the bonus track off of the new cd.

If this thread was an episode of Seinfeld and A-man was George he'd have to leave the room on a high note right now.

Well done.

Maybe they could get some VW engineers to help people figure out how to get the bonus track off of the new cd.

"Oh, that's for CDs? I thought it was a cupholder."

If this thread was an episode of Seinfeld and A-man was George he'd have to leave the room on a high note right now.

Well done.

I will remove The Shun - to say thanks.