• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

elephants are pregnant for 22 months. the longest time for any mammal.

they also go through three sets of teeth in a lifetime, the last set comes in around age 25 and has to last the second half of their life which consists of eating upto 750lbs of food a day.

they also go through three sets of teeth in a lifetime, the last set comes in around age 25 and has to last the second half of their life which consists of eating upto 750lbs of food a day.

You sound like somebody who would really enjoy Shana Alexander's book, "The Astonishing Elephant". Full of great historical accounts and amazing facts, a fantastic read. :thumbup

Antartica has an area code, and it's 672.

Also on a more personal note, golf really is an amazing game and i can't believe i didn't get into it earlier. I really am growing up. :)

I had better not find any 672 area code phone numbers on my phone bill, or my kids are gonna be extremely grounded. :pirate

When you were a freshman, I was learning how to walk. :P

When you were learning how to walk, I was a freshman.

Has anyone else noticed how there's a very weird reverse echo in here?

By the way, a duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why. :huh Spooky.

You realize, of course, the 'oldies' go up to 1981 now...the year we graduated! :blink

i love things that don't make me feel old for a change....

here's something - there is absolutely nothing more exhausting than a kid's birthday party. and i should know - i've been through 2 (4-year-old and 7-year-old) in the past 2 weeks... damn kids all hepped up on cake and pinata candy.....

Here's one I heard that may or may not be true.

The easternmost tip of Tennessee is closer to Canada than it is to Memphis.

I'm sorry, I don't believe you. Sounds fishy. Fishy statistics. :fish

Here's one I heard that may or may not be true.

The easternmost tip of Tennessee is closer to Canada than it is to Memphis.

having just left that godforsaken place (TN, sorry to those that live there and love it, it just wasn't my bag), i had to check into this one, and it appears to be true:

http://www.tennesseeanytime.org/about/regions.html

memphis is at the bottom left-hand corner of the state, and the north eastern tip of the state stretches pretty far east, no wonder it took me 6 hours to get drive out of the state.

You sound like somebody who would really enjoy Shana Alexander's book, "The Astonishing Elephant". Full of great historical accounts and amazing facts, a fantastic read. :thumbup

thanks! I'll check that out, sounds like something i would really enjoy. will definitely add this to my reading list.

And people wonder why people in my part of the Empire State don't give a shit about Buffalo. DC is closer to me than Buffalo is. (Sorry, Meg.)