• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erik Bedard would mow down your grandmother with a backdoor power curve and not even think twice about it.

How many more years until Peter Angelos refuses allow his GM to re-sign him?

enough craig biggio!!!

ok, it's one thing that he started tonight going 3 for 3 against the rockies for his 2998th, 2999th & 3000th hit... but now we're in extra innings and he isn't letting up. no, wait... fucking rox just lost the 2nd extra inning game in the past week where they'd taken the lead.

it's just lucky for him i was a fan of his before the rockies even existed...

damn rockies.

He's been substantially better in the second half of the season in every single year of his career thus far.

And his "not Johan"-esque season this far still leaves him with a 2.83 ERA (153 ERA+), 1.05 WHIP and 114/27 K/BB. He's still been awesome.

Ah, I see he's improved since I traded him. All 3 of those numbers were worse at the time of my trading him. And Jason Bay has dropped like 30 points in Batting average and has like 1 home run. Go me.

it is worth noting that the cubs are now at .500 :cheers

And it's been half an hour and I still feel like throwing up. Talk about letting one slip away. It was the second straight quality start by Gallardo that was blown by the bullpen; he should be 3-0, not 1-0.

Man, Delgado looks like ass this year.

It was the second straight quality start by Gallardo that was blown by the bullpen; he should be 3-0, not 1-0.

i watched gallardo pitch a bunch this year in nashville, and he is pretty bad ass.

maine_ref_2001.jpg

Well, Dye has played mostly full seasons where Stairs has been platooned for the better part of the last half decade so that might have something to do with it, no?

Baseball reference won't load for me, so I can't verify, but I can't remember Stairs playing full time anytime in the last like 5 seasons.

Also, now that BR is loading, I can see Dye is the man of the Career year. He's had like 4 career years followed by complete crap seasons. Maybe he's the guy who proves the "contract year" mystery. If he continues, he's due for like a 1.300 OPS followed by like a .500 ops sometime soon.

Another one from the "makes you go hmmm" department: Frank Thomas' strike-shortened season

BA .353

OBP .487

SLG .729 (pretty much he averaged around 3.5 bases per game for the entire season)

OPS 1.216

2B 34

HR 38

R 106

RBI 101

BB 109

Looking at the single season OPS leaders of all time, I see that Bagwell had a very similar season that year. Of course their similarities have been thoroughly discussed.