And now a word from your Mother

"a lot of people really liked what Wilco used to do, and a lot of people missed it. I never intended to shut them out, and I'm just glad that so many of them came along for the other things we've done"

awww! :thumbup

Thanks for finding and posting. I feel sorry for people who don't like this album. I think it must be similar to the early Wilco fans who couldn't stomach YHF or AGIB. This is an awesome quote from Jeff:

JT: There's probably not any kind of music that means more to me than gospel and soul. If I could be any type of singer in the world, it would be like an Otis Redding. I heard somebody say that soul music is being proud of where you're from and what you've accomplished, and letting that show. Losing some self-consciousness and ego to join something larger. I like that idea a lot, just letting it all hang out, and on this album we did our best at that.

Guess I didn't read the intro paragraphs carefully enough. There's no specific mention of rehab in the interview itself but after re-reading it, yeah, there's the magic fuckin' word. Gahd. Er, so yeah - que? - indeed!

My mistake.

jeff's? i'm sure he cares.

yes, jeff's. what might he care about and how are you sure of it?

jeff has thought up some pretty great stuff, it's a shame if he's actively avoiding conceptualizing further than 'this is a song, this is some music'.

yes, jeff's. what might he care about and how are you sure of it?

jeff has thought up some pretty great stuff, it's a shame if he's actively avoiding conceptualizing further than 'this is a song, this is some music'.

i know he cares cause for his whole career he's done what everyone else wants him to do.

that was a bit of sarcasm.

it's not a shame at all. he just sold out and he's rolling in the $$ man. it's all that really matters anyway.