Ticketbastard

JUN-28 BOSTON, MA BANK OF AMERICA PAVILION

JUN-29 SHELBURNE, VT THE GREEN AT SHELBURNE MUSEUM

JUN-30 TORONTO, ONT MASSEY HALL

This ticket issue has to do with Massey Hall in Toronto, Ontario June 30

Oblivious, you are talking about the Massachusettes show June 28?

So are we talking about two different shows?

VW's fiscal quarter ends on the 29th of June. So in the days leading up to the fiscal earning report (on the 29th) and stock holder's meeting, most of these guys don't have time to sleep, let alone go to rock shows.

So as a little treat to themselves and some of the people in the ad company (as thanks for the new campaign), they are chartering one of those small jets and flying to the Massey show on the 30th.

Sorry for the confusion

VW's fiscal quarter ends on the 29th of June. So in the days leading up to the fiscal earning report (on the 29th) and stock holder's meeting, most of these guys don't have time to sleep, let alone go to rock shows.

So as a little treat to themselves and some of the people in the ad company (as thanks for the new campaign), they are chartering one of those small jets and flying to the Massey show on the 30th.

Sorry for the confusion

Please tell me this is some elaborate, mean spirited joke.

That is obviously a joke. I would just go to the show with the old front row tix and sit in your original seats. Then when the people who got the new front row tix show up, just show them you tickets and stand your ground. This plan only works if you get there early...and it assumes that you got your original front row tix.

Wow entropy, I'm speechless. Well not really. That's the most insane piece of shitty luck I have ever heard. I'm feeling extra grateful that they didn't pull my tickets which too are front row, dead centre, on the aisle. What numbers were your seats? I'll kick the folks sitting there.

Wow entropy, I'm speechless. Well not really. That's the most insane piece of shitty luck I have ever heard. I'm feeling extra grateful that they didn't pull my tickets which too are front row, dead centre, on the aisle. What numbers were your seats? I'll kick the folks sitting there.

:(

The good news is that you can walk up to where your original seats were. If it's some VW douche sitting up there...well, you can accidentally spill beer or something on him.

In the meantime maybe we can hope (as someone said above) it means they're videotaping the show or something. I'm in Row S (or T?) on the floor so I haven't heard anything but I AM curious...

I fully endorse the concept of approaching the people who end up sitting in those seats, inquiring about their job, and then calling them names/throwing liquids at them. That'll learn 'em good not to acquire tickets that may have been reserved by someone else but then redistributed due to a screwup by the ticket sales and distribution company.

I fully endorse the concept of approaching the people who end up sitting in those seats, inquiring about their job, and then calling them names/throwing liquids at them. That'll learn 'em good not to acquire tickets that may have been reserved by someone else but then redistributed due to a screwup by the ticket sales and distribution company.

sorry ction, going to have to throw down w/ the 'spunky backpack' awesome screen name rule. 'TJ O'Pootertoot' may fall i nto the same category and cannot be disagreed with.

sorry ction, going to have to throw down w/ the 'spunky backpack' awesome screen name rule. 'TJ O'Pootertoot' may fall i nto the same category and cannot be disagreed with.

Is that a compliment? If so, thanks.

I had a friend who, way back when, was seeing Paul McCartney at SkyDome. Turned out they were filming and needed his seats on the 500 level for cameras. So they gave him lovely seats on the 200 level. THAT is how you do it.

If Wilco is filming or something...well, that is still upsetting, I think. But if they actually took your purchased tickets and gave them to some suits while telling you some bullshit about 'production changes' or whatever...that's low. I'm sure the band doesn't even know it's happening - unless, being such experts in Krautrock, they wanted some VW guys bopping up front. I'm guessing that's unlikely.

The 'good news' is that unless you're behind a pillar or way up top there really isn't a bad seat in the house at Massey.

Yeah, I'm just concentrating on being happy that I'll be at the show.

This is the correct outlook. If there does happen to be some reason that the seats were given to some other people that are "connected" or whatever, be patient and you never know -- good karma may be heading your way :)

This is the correct outlook. If there does happen to be some reason that the seats were given to some other people that are "connected" or whatever, be patient and you never know -- good karma may be heading your way :)

And remember, of course, the people that ended up in the seats (if that is in fact what happened) probably had nothing at all to do with procurement of the tickets, and have no idea there was even an issue. ;)

I'd like to go on record to say this much:

While certainly mean-spirited and definitely a joke, it was by no means elaborate.

When I say "elaborate," I mean it as part of a phrase I utter frequently. Whoops.Yeah, I'm not going to go bust a cap or anything. Some of the Chicago show first row seats were auctioned off for charity-- maybe something like that happened, or maybe they're just planning on spraying the audience with fake blood Gwar style.Either way, it's gonna be awesome. Still wish it wasn't so lame though.

I'm gonna scope out the people there for you entropy lol.

You took my seats! Don't lie to me!

When I say "elaborate," I mean it as part of a phrase I utter frequently. Whoops.Yeah, I'm not going to go bust a cap or anything. Some of the Chicago show first row seats were auctioned off for charity-- maybe something like that happened, or maybe they're just planning on spraying the audience with fake blood Gwar style.Either way, it's gonna be awesome. Still wish it wasn't so lame though.

You took my seats! Don't lie to me!

Hahahah no I'm sitting row F seat 44 (aisle) not nearly as good as you had, but hey don't worry people will rush the stage at somepoint and it won't even matter.