Ticketbastard

Tix@musictoday.com"

to me

show details

4:04 pm (1 hour ago)

Due to production reconfiguration

your seat locations to the 6.30.07 Wilco show have been reassigned. You will receive a new order confirmation with your new seat locations shortly.

You can view a seating chart for Massey Hall at:

http://www.masseyhall.com/seatingPlans.cfm

Enjoy the show!

Thank you,

Ticketing Customer Service Dept.

Gee.

Thanks guys, for taking my wonderful, Front Row, Dead Center seats and bumping me back 11 rows with obstructed view with absolutely no notice whatsoever.

I know it won't do any good, and I know I'm just going to end up making whatever man or woman unlucky enough to pick up the phone cry, but goddammit, heads are going to roll. ROLL.

Everyone attending the Massey date should watch their email boxes.

Absolutely furious. And yes, I know, I should be happy just to be seeing them, yes yes, all of that, but C'mon. I feel like I'm well within my right to be as angry as I am right now.

EDIT: Okay, the view isn't obstructed. I misread something. Even still. Anyone know how I can go about finding out what the goddamned Christ took place here? And also, the title "Ticketbastard" is a bit misleading because it is technically Music Today who was responsible for this nice little oversight.

I bet some Volkswagon execs just wanted the seats. :lol

Okay, there was my smart ass comment, but in all seriousness, I'm sorry man, and if I were you I'd call the venue to get the real story, don't even bother with Ticketmaster.

Wow this is pure shit, my seats were pretty good! But really guys there's always the infamous Massey Hall "rush the stage" at aboout half way through the show if not right when it starts.

That stinks! Now I'm kinda glad I got shut out during the MT pre-sale. Though to be fair I had a difficult time with Ticketbastard - not MT, but the real one - during the Gen sale. At the time I fired off a nasty letter to them, and the next day they actually wrote back. Funny I've noticed those verification code boxes have gotten a bit easier to read since I schooled them. :pirate

Gee.

Thanks guys, for taking my wonderful, Front Row, Dead Center seats and bumping me back 11 rows with obstructed view with absolutely no notice whatsoever.

Were these "front row" BALCONY seats....or ORCHESTRA seats. You've got me freaked out now.

Well, sorry to say this but in a situation like this, the first person I think about is myself (I got tickets from MusicToday too). I can't access my hotmail account from here so I don't know if I got one of these messages as well......

Unless I'm locco, there's absolutely no way they "reconfigure" the first row in Massey Hall. The only thing I can imagine is that with 3 ticketing agents on this show (MusicToday, Ticketmaster and Massey Hall themselves all selling seats) they sold the same tickets twice.

Really sorry to entropy. That sucks huge.

Hey Everyone,

Thanks alot, the very least for at least validating the strangling I want to put on someone. I'm going to get my tele-screaming on now, so I'll update for the other Massey people once I know what the deal is.

My true hatred for Ticketmaster began about a year ago, when two $30 dylan Tickets cost me $90. Nowadays, I just don't see TM shows unless I can get tickets at the door with no fees. Period.

I missed this thread the first time around. After reading it now though, I'm wondering if this truly was a mix-up on Musictoday's part. "Production reconfiguration" sounds like they reconfigured the seating at the venue after the tickets were issued. If that's the case, this wouldn't be Musictoday's fault, but the venue's. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I don't want anyone yelling at me, but this is true information. I got this from a reliable source.

Anyhow, it turns out VW's corporate marketing headquarters for the US is in Somerville, Massachusetts. So some of the upper VW guys and their ad agency (my friend works for the agency, not VW) are getting front row seats. I imagine this has something to do with it. I wasn't told directly that these seats were taken away to give to them, but it seems likely as my friend said their seats were going to be front row center.

Hey Guys,

The lack of an update is due to nothing being resolved. I spoke to a very helpful, friendly dude at Music Today who apologized sincerly for the fact I was moved, but was told it was entirely due to the promoter contacting them. After speaking to Massey Hall, I got the same answer, with the added information of "No, nothing is being physically reconfigured unless we haven't heard about it yet," and having been to Massey a number of times, picturing how they'd possibly reconfigure the venue or stage setup really doesn't make sense.

House of Blues was named as the promoter in this case, and after a number of attempts to contact them via phone or email, I haven't had any luck thus far.

Then my tickets for the new seats arrived.

Wanton douchebaggery all about.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I appear to be out of alternatives.

Hey Guys,

The lack of an update is due to nothing being resolved. I spoke to a very helpful, friendly dude at Music Today who apologized sincerly for the fact I was moved, but was told it was entirely due to the promoter contacting them. After speaking to Massey Hall, I got the same answer, with the added information of "No, nothing is being physically reconfigured unless we haven't heard about it yet," and having been to Massey a number of times, picturing how they'd possibly reconfigure the venue or stage setup really doesn't make sense.

House of Blues was named as the promoter in this case, and after a number of attempts to contact them via phone or email, I haven't had any luck thus far.

Then my tickets for the new seats arrived.

Wanton douchebaggery all about.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I appear to be out of alternatives.

Hang outside the venue all day.

When you see Jeff tell him, maybe he will let you sit on the stage.

:)

I don't want anyone yelling at me, but this is true information. I got this from a reliable source.

Anyhow, it turns out VW's corporate marketing headquarters for the US is in Somerville, Massachusetts. So some of the upper VW guys and their ad agency (my friend works for the agency, not VW) are getting front row seats. I imagine this has something to do with it. I wasn't told directly that these seats were taken away to give to them, but it seems likely as my friend said their seats were going to be front row center.

I would be pretty p.o.'d about this, especially if I found out that a bunch of tickets were being given to a corporation. I think your only recourse is to call and say, let me speak to your manager, then say that five times until you contact the owner/president of somewhere and make sure they do something for you. Anybody who tells you that they CAN'T do something for you is really saying that they WON'T do something for you. Good luck and don't give up.

By the way: Things can be done. And have been done to rectify situations like these. Good luck.